Chapter Eight: My Wife and Kids

IJ

"Ma!" I called, not looking away from the TV screen.

"What?!" She answered.

"The door!"

"Boy, you better get that damn door." She said, and I sighed.

I paused the video game, and told the guys, "Hold up, y'all."

"Aight." they answered, and sat back, talking to each other.

I walked to the front door, and pulled it open. I saw a familiar light-skinned man with short curls.

"Yea?" I asked.

"Oh my god," he sighed when he saw me.

"Uh, you alright man?"

"IJ??" he asked. "Is that you?"

"Yea," I said, getting annoyed. "This is my house. Who are you?"

"I'm here to see your mom," he said.

"Is she dating you?!" I asked, happy. "Is she finally dumping August's old sorry ass?"

"Uh, no." He answered. "Sorry, man."

I sighed. "That's cool. I'll go get her."

Roc

Seeing him standing there, like a mini version of me, made my heart soar. IK he's not mine, but you wouldn't know. Me and Issa are the same complexion...

"Yea?" Jamie said, coming to the door. Then, she saw me and looked as if she'd seen a ghost. "What do you want, man?"

"To talk," I answered.

"About what, exactly?" She asked. "You made it very clear that you wanted nothing to do with me or the twins. So, why are you here?"

"I was curious about how they grew," I said. "Regardless of what you think, I did love them. I still do."

"IDK what to think, Roc!" She said. "You haven't told me anything, remember?"

I rolled my eyes. "That's why I'm here."

She looked behind her, then back at me. She exhaled, and said "Wait here" before disappearing.

I sat on the ledge, and crossed my legs. My past is back to bite me. Time to fess up.

Jamie

I walked up to Cianni's room, and told her to come down for a minute.

Then, we walked into the living room, and I told IJ's friends to just wait for a minute. IJ followed us out, arms folded.

When Roc saw Cianni, he looked heartbroken. Nahh, nigga. You wasn't speechless a minute ago. Talk, TF?!

"Cianni?" He asked, and she nodded confused.

"Do you two remember me?" he asked, and both twins looked at me.

I sighed. "Guys, this is your... father."

Both of them gasp, marveling at him. "But you said-(GCO)"

Roc growled. "No, I'm not."

I pushed in front of the twins. "Nigga, why you lyin'? Yes TF you are."

"No, I'm not!" he yelled. "You can stop lying to me now, Jamie. The jig is up. IK the truth."

"What are you talking about?!" I yelled back. "This is the truth!"