Chapter Seven: Share

Maresha above. (Played by @Skittles_Perez)

Breanna

I'm in the middle of a very important decision. I am almost thirty, and too old for this little boy's games. But, I still love him. So, I guess it's time for desperate measures.

"Babe," I said, walking into the bedroom. "You wanna go to this party tonight?"

He was laying on our bed, flipping through the TV channels.

"Sure," he said. "Where's it at?"

"Nique's," I answered.

"Oh," he answered. The Mindless Behavior boys don't really like her or Bahja because of the history. To be honest, Nique never did anything, but I'm going to stay out of it.

"Come on, babe." I urged him. "It'll be fun, I promise."

"Aight, I'll go," he smiled, playfully rolling his eyes.

"Thanks babe, you won't regret it," I said, walking out of the room. Then, I mumbled, "At least not for a few months or so."

August

What's up, y'all? It's ya' boy August, aka Sexiest N*gga Alive. Lmfao, what's good?

I'm just sittin' he'ah, chillin' with my Baybeh and my princess. Life is good.

"Ayye Baybeh," I asked Jamie. "You wanna go out tonight?"

"I do!" Sanaa yelped, raising her hand.

Me and Jamie both chuckled. "I meant somewhere fa' grownups, princess."

"But, I wanna go somewhere with you daddy." She pouted.

"Not this time, guh."

"When, then?!" She asked, getting off the bed. "We never spend time together anymore! You're always on tour! No one ever has time for me!"

Then, she ran out of me and Jamie's bedroom into her own, slamming the door.

We both sighed, and Jamie started to follow her.

"Nah, babe." I said. "I got it. You lay down."

"Handle that, please." she said, turning back over to sleep. Long nights at the studio will do that to ya'.

I walked to Sanaa's bedroom, and knocked on the door.

"Go away!" she yelled.

"Guh, this ma' house." I said back, laughing.

She didn't answer, and I walked in the room. She was laying across the bed, face buried in her pillow, sobbing.

Acting like one of them white girls from them movies. I told Jamie she don't need to be watchin' so much d*mn Disney.

"NaNa," I said, sitting on the bed beside her. "Sit up, let's talk about this."

"Now you wanna talk to me?" she asked, rolling her eyes. What am I gon' do with this guh? Just like her momma.

"Yea, now stop with the attitude."

"Yes, dad." she said, sitting up.

"Now, what's the problem he'ah?" I asked, rubbing her back.

She started crying again. "You never spend time with me anymore. All of the other kids at school all have dads to pick them up from pre-K everyday! And take them for ice cream."

"You what some ice cream, baybeh??" I asked. "Well, get ya' jacket, we'll get some ice cream."

"No!" she yelled, standing up and walking across the room. "The other kids get to be with their dads whenever. Jakyrie's dad taught her how to play basketball better that all of the boys."