Chapter Fourteen: The Rest pt1

Beep... Beep... Beep...

I killed them. Both of them. They're on the brink of death, because of me.

The doctor said that if they'd gotten to the hospital faster, then they wouldn't be in such danger. But, my stupid ass called Prod before I called the ambulance.

It's all my fault. All I want is my mom and brother back. I don't even need a dad in my life, if it has to come to that. I just want my family back.

The door suddenly opened, and in rushed LaLa. "Where is he?"

"He's fine," I mumbled. "I guess."

She sighed in relief. "That's good.... Then, why are you so sad looking?"

I started to feel tears building up in my eyes. I tried to speak, but nothing came out. "I...I just- I'm sorry, I..."

She realized what the issue was, and pulled me into a strong embrace. I felt wet marks streaking down my face and onto her blouse. When I pulled away, I saw that I'd left a huge, black, smear of mascara and tears on her shirt, and gasped.

"Aww, I'm sorry."

"You're good." She smiled. "It's okay; it's just a shirt. Are you okay?"

"Yea," I nodded. Then, smiled. "You would've made an awesome sister-in-law."

Her cheeks flushed red, and she blushed. I smiled, and was about to say more, then there was a knock on the door.

"Knock knock," the doctor said. I looked at her, and she smiled at the two of us. "How's everything? I'm just here to check his vitals."

"Is he going to be ok?"

The doctor's smile fell at LaLa's question, and she looked at me weirdly. I wiped my cheeks, and she realized what had happened.

She lied. "Yes, dear. He'll be fine."

LaLa smiled, and pulled out her phone and texted her mother the news, I guess. I shook my head, and sat in my seat with my elbows on my knees.

**

"Do you wanna go get some lunch?"

"Not really," I answered.

"You havent eaten since I've been here," she scolded me. "And who knows the last time you ate before that. Get your jacket; we're leaving now."

I sighed, and did as I was told. I put on my hoodie, and kissed my brother and sister goodbye before walking out of the door.

We walked down the hall, and to the elevator where we were met face-to-face with a pretty brown-skinned woman and what looked like her son.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find Chresanto August's room?"

That's when I realized: it was her. The woman my dad left us for. And this was his son. I felt my knees buckle, and my throat go dry.

I was somehow able to croak, "Room 217." Then, I stepped on the elevator that they'd just stepped off of.

"Thank you!" I heard her call, and then the two of them disappeared behind the elevator doors.

"You're welcome," I mumbled.

Prince

I walked up the steps of Peyton and- I'm assuming- King's house with great hesitation. I looked down at the welcome mat below my feet and sighed. Then, I rang the doorbell.