Chapter 3 - Treatment Plan

Briana wiggled in bed the following morning. She tried to put off inspecting her pullup, but it was no use. She could already feel the swollen padding between her legs. Worst night yet; the pullup had barely been able to catch it all.

She sat up and frowned at the floor. Going directly to see Veronica didn't seem as reasonable as it had been yesterday. She had gone to bed in a cute blue pajama set, so modesty wasn't too big a problem. Or rather it wasn't a problem other than for the pullup.

"I have to get this solved." Briana thought as the pullup squished clammy and damp around her crotch. "Veronica doesn't have to do this for me, I should do whatever makes it easiest for her."

She slipped out of her room and took in the buzz of her roommates downstairs. As usual, she was the last to rise. Knocking lightly on Veronica's door didn't get a response. The prospect of standing in the hall in a soggy pullup gave her the courage to enter without permission. Veronica wasn't in her office, but there was a note.

Briana – If you're here and I'm not, I'm down at breakfast. Please text me and I'll come right up so you don't have to come downstairs.

Minutes after texting, Veronica arrived with Erin in tow. "Good morning Briana." She said.

"I thought it was going to be the two of us." Briana said.

"If you don't mind I was going to take your vitals." Erin said. "That way if anything is way off we can do something about it, or at least research."

"Oh, okay." Briana sat at Erin's direction, wiggling a bit as the soggy pullup made its presence known again. Erin was quick and professional, taking down notes as she measured Briana's blood pressure, heart rate, and listened to her lungs. So much so that she dropped her pajama bottoms to her ankles when Erin asked without thinking about it.

"This looks pretty full." Erin said, gently prodding Briana's pullup. "Has it been like this every morning?"

Briana flinched back. "Uh, no, not every morning. I didn't have the problem at all on Monday. And this is um, I guess the most it's been so far."

"Thanks." Erin smiled. "That's all I need right now. I'll come check each morning and see if there's a pattern."

"Oh uh..." Briana began.

"In that case it's my turn. Go ahead and sit back down." Veronica said. "Please leave your pajamas as they are." She waved briefly to Erin as the other woman left.

"Why?" Briana hesitated, reluctantly taking a seat before Veronica answered.

"My initial guess is that there's a lot going on for you subconsciously that's causing this." Veronica said. "I want to pull the issue into your conscious so that we can examine it and fix it."

Briana licked her lips and fidgeted.. She felt weird, embarrassed and uncomfortable. There was more too, a nervous, guilty feeling. The pullup was very distracting, the sensation of it kept intruding on her thoughts.

"Is this something that's been a problem for you before?" Veronica asked.

"No, not since I was really little." Briana sighed. "It happened all of a sudden, and it's getting worse really fast."

"When would you say it started? When was the first time you were incontinent at night?"

Briana blushed at the word 'incontinent'. "Uh, three weeks ago."

"What was going on for you around that time?"

"I had a really bad day the day before. My advisor lost his grant, and I'd been out of a job for a while. I tried participating in a paid study, but the payout was really bad. The day after they paid me I woke up uh, you know."