Chapter 8 - A Firm Hand

Briana returned to Veronica's office with her phone in hand. She cocked her head curiously when Veronica held her hand out for it.

"You're grounded from your phone today, remember?" Veronica said. "Your computer too."

"Oh yeah." Briana reluctantly handed over the phone. "How am I supposed to do those readings if I can't get on my computer?"

"I'm glad you remember those. I printed them out for you. You'll do them here, in my office."

Briana made a face.

"Yes Veronica." Veronica prompted.

"Yes Veronica." Briana rolled her eyes.

"If you need a spanking, keep going in that direction, young lady." Veronica said.

"Okay, MOM." Briana smirked.

"Aww, that's really sweet." Veronica's words and tone distracted Briana enough that she couldn't dodge the swat Veronica laid on her rear.

"Ow!" Briana hopped.

"Do I have your attention now?" Veronica asked? Briana nodded.

"Good girl. Okay, chores first, then up here to do homework. Jane is going to bring you up here herself, so there's no chance for you to skip out." Veronica folded her arms. "Don't pout at me. You weren't reliable yesterday. When you're done with your homework you can play. Do you want to spend time with Casey? Or would you rather not deal with that today?"

"Casey sounds fun but uh, you said you were going to talk to her?" Briana's stomach had butterflies.

"I will. What would YOU like to do with her? It's okay if it's hanging out, nothing physical."

"Physical is okay." Briana blushed lightly. "No um, sex? Maybe nothing under the clothes below the waist?"

Veronica chuckled. "You two are going to be very worked up after that. I'll talk to Casey, and see if she agrees. I'll let you know when you're back for your homework, okay?"

Briana nodded. "Um, Veronica?"

"Yes hon?"

"Is this all... really okay? I'm not weird, or going crazy, or bad? You're not humoring me, because I can't get straightened out by a doctor?"

"You are a good girl." Veronica gave Briana a gentle hug. "This is very unusual, but if it's what you need, that's okay. I think about the happy Briana who moved in here, and the wounded girl who cried when she thought she was being kicked out. After cleaning you up this morning, dressing you, and taking charge of your day, I see way more of the first Briana."

"Okay." Briana smiled shyly. "I worry."

"I know you do. We're working on that." Veronica patted Briana's cheek. "Now get your butt down to Jane. She's got a bunch of stuff for you to work on today."

"Bleh." Briana sighed, blowing her bangs out of her face. Without further complaint, she headed downstairs.

Veronica had not been kidding about the list of chores. Jane had her mop the kitchen, then handed her off to Suzie to dust the furniture. Suzie sent Briana to Casey, who put her to work pulling weeds in the flower beds. From Casey she went to Erin, who had her rotate and fold the laundry.

"She has me doing everyone's Sunday chores." Briana realized. "Well, helping them with their chores." It wasn't all bad, she got a chance to catch up with everyone at least. Chores carried her to lunch, and after washing the dishes Briana was marched to her room by Jane.

"Okay, last thing for today." Jane said, looking around. "Let's get this room totally clean. Everything put away, bed made, surfaces wiped down."

Briana sighed. It looked to her like Jane was going to stand and watch. She started with the bed, wincing when the plastic sheet crinkled.