Chapter 6

"You won't regret this" he whispered into my ear, his voice making the hairs on my neck stand up.

——————-
I was sat on the sofa reading when I heard a ping come from my phone which was on the coffee table in front of me. I marked my place in the book and stretched over to read the message.

Meet me at O'Neills at 8pm. Dress casual ;) - Brian

I couldn't help smiling although I was curious. For a first date that I supposedly 'wouldn't regret', it seemed an odd choice of venue. Nether less, I pulled myself up from the sofa and glanced at the time which read 19:02. I was going to have to get a move on if I was going to make it in time.

I let the warm water of the shower wash over me as I stood silently, wondering what was going to be on the cards tonight. My stomach fluttered at the thought of seeing Brian again, at the thought of getting to potentially kiss him once again.
I could have stayed standing there for hours but realised I was going to be late at this point and turned off the water and got out.

I stood in front of my open wardrobe, deliberating on what would be best to wear. I could wear a dress but then was that dressing over the top? Or that cute skirt I had that showed off my bum? In the end I decided on my best jeans that clung to my every curve and a cute shirt that was maybe just a little too low cut but I knew would at least keep Brian's attention on me for the night. I grinned at my reflection before grabbing my keys and leaving the house.

Just leaving now, can't wait to see what you have in store for us

I sent off the text to Brian and made my way to the bar, my stomach knotting itself in excitement and anticipation.

I entered the bar and looked around, my eyes searching out the one man I was here to see. I immediately noticed the guy I was looking for sat in a booth to my right and smiling warmly at me; waving and gesturing to me to join him.

I settled myself into the booth on the opposite side of the table to Brian and smiled shyly. I took my time taking in all of his details once again and knew that whatever happened tonight, I couldn't leave without getting to taste his lips on mine once again.

"So, interesting choice of place for an unforgettable date", I joked, smiling as I said it.

"Well... you don't know what I've got planned so less of the sarcasm if you will please", he replied smirking. "What drink can I get you? Then the fun can begin".

I looked curiously at him and stopped myself from asking what he meant before asking for a gin and lemonade.

I watched as he made his way to the bar, liking his authoritative he was in pushing to the front and ordering us our drinks. As he returned, I tried to hide that I was watching his every move.

"So, the game I want to play with you tonight is truth or dare" he said, trying and failing to hide his smirk as he said this. "I want to see what you're about".

I raised my eyebrows in surprise but then composed myself. I knew that I'd be able to handle anything he threw at me. "Ok deal, but for every time you don't answer or don't do the deal, you take a shot", I said, challenging him.

"I like your style", he grinned, raising his glass of whiskey to me and taking a healthy gulp. "I'll start, truth or dare", he spoke, giving me that boyish grin.