Chapter 9

"So.. whose go is it?" He asked, sounding innocent but squeezing my thigh as he asked.

"Do you really want to continue playing games.. or do you want to do something worthwhile", I said with a questioning tone.

My response seemed to catch him off guard as his mouth hung slightly open at my forwardness.

"Come with me", I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him along with me.

We left the bar and grabbed a taxi to the waterfront. The night was quite still but there was a chill in the air. Brian must have seen my shiver because he wrapped his jacket around my shoulders. We walked hand in hand, silence hanging heavily between us.

"So.. what brings us here?" He asked, his words breaking the quiet between us.

We were stood side by side looking out at the water, the sound of the water was lapping at the wall by us. I turned round to look at him, his hair was moving slightly in the wind and his warm, brown eyes were staring right into mine. He leant forward, the smell of him was intoxicating and I closed my eyes in anticipation.

"Two can play at this game, babe" I heard his husky voice whisper in mine before I felt his lips press against my cheek.

I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me, his hands shoved into his pockets as if he was trying to refrain from reaching out to touch me.

"You're the worst!" I said, laughing but really the feeling of disappointment was filling my whole body.

"You want me to prove that I'm not all about sex? Ok I can do that. I can show you I can feel more than that for you... even though it's driving me crazy and all I can think about right now is taking you back to my bed and making you feel so damn good that you won't be able to think about anything else", he said, still whispering into my ear.