New beginings again

So she's clearly not with the gang and I doubt she's with amethyst because they probably would have went to her first. Where on earth... an idea popped into my head. I hopped into my car and put the key in. Took me a couple of tried but it turned on. Time to go find her.

————————————————————————

A long 45 minute drive and I was met with the ocean. The sun was setting and it looked beautiful. This is the place where my dream went down hill. Where the divide between me and lapis. Her brother used to own this beach house or something right? I headed towards the steps and saw a rather older man leaning against the railing of the porch.

I hesitantly walked up to him, "uhm hi" he had a very welcoming warm smile, "Hi my name is Greg, what brings you around here" I scratched my neck and avoided eye contact, this is a bit embarrassing for me, "uhm have you seen someone named lapis, she's rather tall an-" "ohh you came to see lapis?" He interrupted. I nodded in response.

"Well that's a relief" I shot him a confused look and he just sighed and gazed towards the ocean. "lapis a strong and capable woman, she's also so happy and passionate but recently she hit a bump in her life, she dropped out of college and for that her mother kinda disowned her, so somehow she ended up here, she said she'd stay for the weekend ended up staying for a month. I'm a bit surprised she still has friends, no one comes by to see her and she always has this lonely look on her face"

I looked down, she didn't have to drop out just for me.. "I'm really glad, that she has friends, really warms my heart" he smiled at me and I smiled back. "My son... her half brother, they talk a lot so if you wanna know more about her situation, he's the best person to go to" he pointed further out to the beach where there sat a rather tall boy with a pink jacket. I nodded and started walking towards him.

Part of me right now is angry at her but a big part of me right now wants to make sure she's okay so... I'm gonna do the right thing.

"Hi" I waved at the boy, "he smiled and waved back" he has the same bright smile as his father does. This is a very welcoming family. I sat down next to him, "hi my name is Steven" he held his hand out and I shook his hand with a slight smile.

"So can you tell me... how is lapis" he froze for a moment then looked down as he began to trace his hand in the sand. "Lapis has a lot of issues, she can't land a job and she let college for too long, she's heartbroken and depressed, I honestly really shouldn't be telling you this, if you're her friends just go ask her yourself" he looked incredibly worried, "She's in the beach house laying on the couch.

I nodded and headed back, okay so she's broken, not what I expected but I'm not surprised, I didn't mean to hurt her but she just... ugh.

I walked in and saw lapis as Steven said, laying on the couch watching tv. I slowly stopped forward and sat at her feet. "Lapis I-" "Ohhh my GOF periDOOT" she started to cry, I can tell she was drunk, I then noticed bottles on the table. Her hair was a mess and she looked miserable, "Peridooot you came back to give me a huggggg" she got up and threw herself at me and hugged me tightly. I was fairly uncomfortable. "Lapis relax, look you can't stay here you're causing problems for your brother and his dad" he tears started pouring "I never wanted to hurt anyone, I'm so so sorryyy, I'll be hood I promise" I cupped her cheek, "you promise?" She nodded and sniffled.

"okay well first things first you can't hide from your friends or family so you're coming with me." She just looked at me dumbfounded, I sighed "where's your clothes" she pointed to the open suitcase with clothes pouring out. I got up and picked up her suitcase after beating it up a bit, "Let's go" "OKAY!" She said, she then got up and immediately fell to the floor and passed out. Ugh

I walked out the beach house and Greg was still in his same spot, "Hey uh, I'm gonna take care of lapis from now on, I promise she's in good hands" he smiles at me and gave me a nod gesturing it was okay. I put the suitcase in my trunk and went back to get lapis, she was heavier than I remember and kept moaning and groaning being drunk off her Shit.

After throwing her into the car I waved to to Steven and headed out. She was peacefully asleep until we got back to my home. I had to carry her inside and lay her on my bed. She didn't budge I was scared she wasn't alive but she softly snored and that gave me relief. I laid next to her in my small bed and sighed. I dozed off and fell asleep

———————————————————————

I was awoken by something light being put on my thighs, I sat up and saw it was a plate and a sober girl next to me. The food was warm and looked delicious. I turned to lapis, "Thank you" she smiled and leaned in closer to me and kissed my forehead. I backed up a bit, " look lapis, I didn't wanna leave you to be depressed but that doesn't mean I wanna get back together.." she sighed, "yeah, I'm sorry" I put my hand on hers, "no it's okay, maybe.... we can try again" a smile grew on her face