Why am I here?

I woke up to birds chirping and the sun shining through the window which held slightly ajar. My back aches from the springs beneath me. Where am I? I blinked profusely before fully opening my eyes. The pillow was hard and cause me to have an excruciating headache.

I immediately put my hand on my head hoping it would help but knowing it wouldn't. I lazily turned other and grabbed my phone from the nightstand and checked the time. It was 10 am. A bit later than when I usually wake up. My first thought was about classes. I need to be at school, the longer I stay the longer I get behind and also peridot-... I forgot she was hurt. That's the reason I'm here. I have to stay. For her. I have to avenge my girlfriend and kill jasper. Classes don't matter when it's about peridot.

I slowly slipped out the bed and threw on my leather studded jacket. It fit perfectly and I loved it. I smiled as I walked out of the room.
--------------------
Lots of people were gathered in the halls talking and conversing transactions of guns or drugs. I was just outside the hall a little scared to approach them. They know me but... will they like that I came back? Would they accept that I'm taking leadership on to kill for a selfish desire? I sighed and look down.

This was stupid I should go home. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jolted and turned around and saw a tall figure standing before me. G-garnet..? She smiles, "Hello lapis" I smiled back and embraced her in a hug. She seemed confused and slightly uncomfortable. It was a bit awkward cause she wasn't hugging back. I started to sweat and back away slowly until two big arms wrapped around me.

She was warm and I felt more at ease in her arms. After a while, I pulled away from the hug and looked up at her. "I see you brought the tall one back and need recruit". I tilted my head and gave a confused look. She then pointed towards behind me and out of curiosity, I turned around. I was slightly shocked to see pearl and amethyst casually talking to other members of the gang. "They've been oddly accepting of her, probably because she's with you". I turned back to her and shot me a smirk.

It was as if she was proud of me. "Go out there lapis. They're waiting." I glanced behind me then back at her. "I- I can't.." she titled her head. "Whys that?" I scratched my arm and looked away. "B-because what if they don't want me here. What if they don't want me as a leader. She scoffed "That's nonsense! You are a great leader." I stared at her in awe. If garnet thinks I'm great then I must be!

I turned around and slowly walked towards the hallway. I peered out and saw all the gang members chatting. I started to shake at the sight of then. What was I thinking! I can't do this! They'll kill me! Garnet came behind me and put both of her giant hands on my shoulder, "first start with why you came back".

She pushed me out into the hall and I stumbled out. After regathering myself I looked up and saw everyone was staring at me. I got really nervous at that point and started to blush. They all seemed confused.

Amethyst walked up to me with a smile and pat my back, "Hey leader!" That put me a bit of ease. It was nice having amethyst by my side. I gave her a soft smile and turned back to the crowd.
I balled my fist and cleared my throat. "U-uhm" remember what garnet said, start with why you're here.

.....

Why am I here? For peridot. Peridot has always been the reason. "Peridot..." they all seemed confused. "Peridot was shot." The chatter grew louder. They were concerned and worried "What happen!?" Someone said. "It was jasper!" Now the crowd grew angry. They were restless and that's when I knew, I have my army now.

I smiled proudly, " let's go KILL JASPER." The crowd roared in response. This is it. This is how I win.