Casual or fancy

Okay, don't be nervous, Lapis. I prepared all yesterday for this. This is gonna be perfect. I looked at the flowers then back up at my dorm door. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. Peridot was laid about on the couch. She turned to me, and she smiled, "You got me flowers?" I smiled and nodded. She ran up to me and took the flowers. "Lapis, they're Beautiful! Why did you get me this." I stared at her in awe.

She shot me a dumbfounded look, "Check the date Peridot" She grabbed her phone from her pocket and turned it on, "Its the 7th, is it your birthday or something?!" I facepalmed and walked passed her. I grabbed the flowers and placed them in a vase, "Peridot, do you remember our first kiss?" She nodded, "Do you remember when you left the gang?" She hummed in response. "Did you happen to catch the date?" I said with an angry tone. She shook her head.

She should be catching the hint by now! I slammed the vase down and glared at her. "Peridot, when your birthday?" She backed up a bit, "January 11th." I walked closer to her, "When is my birthday?" She looked away, "T-today?.... I don't know..." I was growing angrier by the second. "Peridot, please tell me why I would give YOU flowers on MY birthday!!" She started to sweat, "I-i don't know lapis. You're the one being weird!!" I sighed and looked away. It hurt me that she didn't remember, but she probably doesn't know the date.

"Peridot... it's our anniversary." She walked over to me and hugged me, "I'm sorry, Lapis. I know this is important to you, but... What's an anniversary?" I froze and looked down at her. She tilted her head. I can't believe she doesn't know what an anniversary is.

My naive baby. I chuckled, "Peridot, you are a precious fruit. She smiled, and I smiled back, "An anniversary just means it's been a year since we got together. Couples usually celebrate this day by going on dates and giving gifts." She looked down, "I'm sorry, lapis, I didn't know its been a year, and I don't even have a gift." I lifted her head, "Its okay. That's why we're going on a date." She smiled, "We haven't done that in a while." I lightly kissed her, "So go get ready."

She grabbed some clothes and ran into the bathroom. Maybe I should change too. I opened the door to my side of the closet and looked around. Maybe this?
———————————
Peridot POV

I put on my leather gloves to complete the look. I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. I had on a shirt with an alien on it. I had a green flannel, and some ripped blue jeans. With confidence, I stepped out of the bathroom and blushed madly. "W-woah." Lapis was in a beautiful blue dress. She's so magnificent. When her eyes landed on me, she had a rather disappointment expression.

"Lapis, you look beautiful." She blushed, but it quickly faded, "Why are you dressed do casually?!" I looked down at my clothes and shrugged, "Its the nicest thing I own." She groaned and pushed me back into the bathroom. "Hey! What are you doing." She closed the door, "Just give me second!"

I stood there with my arms crossed, tapping my foot. What is she doing? And why is it taking so long!? After a moment of complete silence, the door opened. Lapis stood there with a crop top with a blue woman on it. The art was amazing and monochromatic. I looked her up and down. She had ripped jeans and a studded leather belt, "Lapis, you look so amazing! You are definitely my kind of girl." She rolled her eyes, " You're not even this cool anymore." I scoffed, "I'm cool! what are you talking about?" She smiled at me, "you used to be!" I playfully pushed her and crossed my arms. "Babe, don't be like that." She ruffled my hair, "I like you the way you are. You don't have to be cool." I couldn't help but smile.

"You look nice, though." I grabbed her hand, "You look better." she smiled, "You ready?" I tilted my head, "Where are we going?" She grabbed the keys and made her way to the door and stopped. She side-eyed me and winked, "You'll see." I blushed, and she walked out the door. I trailed behind her.