I didn't know

I'm angry, upset... Depressed. I feel so wrong, but I don't even know what to do with myself. I walked into the building with a stern expression. I can't let anyone know what I'm feeling.

I quickly walked up the stairs into the building, trying to ignore everyone around me. I walked up to my room and laid on my bed. I sighed, this is crazy, I'm just some weakling doing something way out of my league.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. Someone is at the door, "Come in". I'm faced away from the door laying on the bed. All I can hear is the door being opened. "Hey Kazuki, you okay?". I glanced behind me and garnet stood halfway through the door. "Hey garnet, I'm alright". I heard the door shut and the squeak of a chair, "You don't seem alright" I sighed and stayed silent.

"I heard you went after japer, how did that go?"  I turned over and kept a blank expression, "Why do you like me as your leader". She seemed confused but soon relaxed into the chair, "Well, you're fearless, you led us against an entire gang, not many people can do that". I looked down. "All the people we sacrificed. No one else could do that but you".

I'm confused... Sacrificed? What is she talking about? I looked at her, "What do you mean by sacrifice?" She shot me a rather concerned expression, "All the people that died in the gang war."

People died...? I was dumbfounded. I felt so guilty. I didn't realize I injured people. I never realized how real this is. What am I doing? "I'm sure you thought long and hard about that decision and the lives that would be lost". My vision became blurry and whatever garnet was saying become unclear.

They mistook ignorance for strength. I was being selfish, I didn't think of anything like that. I didn't realize...People died because of me... "I'm sorry garnet... I-i gotta go" I quickly got up and ran out of the room.