Goodbye, My Love

OKAY THIS IS A LITTLE SAD
TW: SUICIDE

Frank knew Gerard didn't have great mental health, but he never expected to get a call at 11 in the morning saying he was in the hospital. He seemed perfectly normal this morning. What could've happened in 4 hours?

"Hello? Is this Frank Lero?"

Frank sighed, "It's Iero, but yes, this is him."

"I have some bad news..."

Frank rushed to his car. Maybe if he got there soon enough, Gerard would be alive. He drove as fast as he could to the hospital. He couldn't let Gerard go without saying goodbye. He wouldn't allow it. He pulled in the parking lot, and ran inside.

"I-I'm here for Gerard Way."

"Room 420😏"

Frank rushed up the stairs, breathing heavily. He looked at all the numbers. '418, 419, 420!' Frank opened the door, running in.

"Gerard!" The sight of his boyfriend just laying on the bed, helpless, made him tear up.

"Gerard...please. Y-you can't be gone. I never got to p-propose." Frank pulled out a ring that he was going to give to Gerard that day. He couldn't handle it, he started sobbing, laying his head on Gerard's lifeless chest.

Soon, the doctor walked in, not staying for long. "This is a note we found in his pocket. We haven't read it, but you should." They handed Frank the note and left.

Sniffling, Frank opened the note.

                          Dear mom and dad,
Why? Why would you do this? You're both sick fucks. Making your son feel like an absolute piece of shit for something he can't control? Really? Pathetic. The amount of times that i've had to LEAVE because you couldn't accept me. "God hates fags" Well guess what, I hate god. I hate you. I hate everything. I don't want you at my funeral. I don't want you anywhere near me anymore. I'm done. If you never cared about me then, you shouldn't care I'm dead.

Frank just cried harder. He knew Gerard never had accepting parents, but he didn't know how bad it was. He continued reading the note, this one for his brother.

                                Dear Mikey,
I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't be good enough for you. I'm sorry that all I ever did was embarrass you. I'm sorry that I was weird. I'm sorry that you decided to take side with our parents. I'm sorry that you could never accept me. I thought as a brother you would be better, but you proved me wrong. All I ever did was be nice to you, and you hated me. You treated me like dirt on your shoes. You tried to make everyone think I was a family friend. Guess what? Now you can say I'm gone. I can't embarrass you anymore.

He sat in disbelief. Gerard's own brother seemed to disapprove of him too. The more he thought, the sadder he got. He decided to just finish the note.

                                 Dear Frank,
I'm so sorry. I know you'll be sad at first, but I don't want you to put your life on hold for me. I want you to find someone else. I'll always love you, but I want you to be happy. I hope you can forgive me, I just don't want you to have to deal with me anymore. I don't want to be a burden to you. I love you. I would never try to hurt you, but I needed to do this. Everyone got sick of me. I couldn't deal with it. I'm so sorry, I truly love you.

Frank cried harder than he ever had. He lost the love of his life. He lost his best friend. He lost his fiancé. He looked up, slipping the ring onto Gerard's finger. A perfect fit. He lightly smiled before breaking down again. The doctor walked in and grabbed the hospital bed Gerard was on.

"We need to get him away, before he starts to rot." They pulled the bed out of the door, leaving Frank in the room.

"Goodbye, my love. I'll never forget you." He smiled, wiping a tear from his cheek.

😃ok that was a bit sad but um yeah. i can't lie to you and say i'm not going to make more sad ones, but i will make happier ones.  okay bye now                  -froggie