Zeke x Reader | Nothing has changed

A/N: This is kind of bad, but tbh I like it. Also, Zeke kind of OOC, but it's still pretty cute

Requested by @zekes_wife 

Song - Nothing has changed - The Polar Bears

Zeke - 17 y/o

(y/n) - 17 y/o

Levi - 19 y/o

AU - Modern

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zeke dashed around the corner and caught his breath. The icy air filled his lungs as his heart raced, and he hid. He hid from him, Levi Ackerman.

Let me backtrack a bit. You must be confused.

(y/n) Ackerman, that was her name. The name of the girl Zeke loved and adored. Levi knew about this, and as her older brother, he had no choice but to hate the blonde. He couldn't keep the two apart, no matter how hard he tried.

On this particular afternoon, Levi wasn't having any on (y/n)'s shit. "Levi, come on," the girl groaned, crossing her arms as he stood in front of the door.

"First of all, it's freezing outside, and secondly, you're not going out to see that good for nothing, shit head, raggedy ass-" "I get it," she said, knowing he was referring to Zeke.

"I don't even get why you hate him so much. He never did anything to you," (y/n) complained, taking your shoes off and putting them by the front door.

"Well first off, he smokes," he started, rolling his eyes and lowering his guard. "THAT WAS A PIXIE STICK YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" (y/n) yelled as Levi referred to the time he caught Zeke having one. "Sure."

"I'm going to my room. I can't deal with your bullshit right now," the girl said, shaking her head and walking up the stairs. Levi sighed and shook his head.

(y/n) raced up the steps and into her room, locking the door, or so she thought. As soon as she had, she flopped on the bed and closed the window.

"You can come out now," (y/n) laughed. Zeke hopped out of the closet, making sure not to drag anything out with him. "Are you sure it's safe?" he asked, looking to the door.

"Yeah, he thinks I'm in here sulking."

Zeke sat next to (y/n) on the bed and leaned back. "So, what should we do?" She asked, swinging her legs and doing the same as the boy. "I'm not sure," Zeke answered, turning his head towards her.

"You know, you look really cute right now," Zeke said in a serious tone, causing the girl to laugh. He frowned a bit as she had never taken him seriously.

"You parked the car on a different street right?" she asked, looking out the bedroom window. Zeke hummed in response, checking once more for himself.

"I hate having to sneak you in all the time. Maybe if Levi wasn't such an idiot, it wouldn't be like this," (y/n) sighed as the snow began to fall. Zeke came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

(y/n) leaned into his touch as he buried his head in the crook of her neck. Maybe she didn't realize his feelings for her, but he could at least have this for now.

That was until today. Zeke was determined to confess, to at least find out if he had a real chance with the one he loved.

"Hey, I need to talk to you," Zeke mumbled, holding her hand and pulling her onto the bed. She sat on the edge next to him while he gathered his thoughts.

"Alrighty, what is it?" she asked, giving him silence to fill. Zeke's cheeks flushed red as he pushed out the words he had been meaning to say for years.

"I Love You."

(y/n) looked shocked more than anything. Zeke still held her hand but looked to the ground.

"I love you too."

It was Zeke who was shocked this time. He hadn't expected her of all people, to be so straight forward. His grip loosened on her and as he got lost in thought. (y/n) Rested a hand on his shoulder and laughed a bit.

"You idiot, I've always loved you, nothing has changed."

The boys faced contorted into an odd expression (y/n) had never seen before. She stared into his eyes and he stared into hers. He took a deep breath as his heart pounded out of control.

"You have to stop doing that."

"Stop doing what?"

"Saying things that make me want to kiss you."

Zeke leaned in, and their lips collided. The girl leaned into his kiss as he held the back of her head. It wasn't steamy, sloppy, or sexy. The kiss was passionate, soft, and heartfelt like they had been holding it in for years.

They only stopped for breath, and even then, they continued where they left off. (y/n) wrapped her arms around his neck, and Zeke leaned in farther, pushing her back onto the bed.

CRASH

A gasp and the sound of a tea set breaking was heard from the doorway. Levi stood there dressed in an apron and hairnet while tea flooded the floor and a pastry stained the hallway carpet.

Zeke pushed himself off of (y/n) as Levi clenched his fists. He took off his apron and hair net while Zeke scrambled to the window. (y/n) followed while Levi made his way over.

Just in time, Zeke leaped from the second story and landed in a foot of snow. Levi paused and rushed down the stairs to grab his shoes and run after him.

(y/n) stood there frozen before jumping after Zeke. By the time she made it out of the snow, her brother was nearly ten feet away, and both her her and Zeke sprinted down the street.

"EAT SHIT!"

"OW!"

Levi chucked a hard compacted snowball right at Zeke's head. It landed right in the middle, sending the boy stumbling forward. (y/n) got one right in the back as her brother was not one to show mercy.

Zeke dashed around the corner and caught his breath. The icy air filled his lungs as his heart raced, and he hid. He hid from him, Levi Ackerman.

(y/n) hid in a snowbank as Levi packed ammo and shot it. Zeke took a chance and dove into your snowbank but got hit on his way there.

"THERE YOU ARE!"

Levi ran after you while you began to run again. For the next three hours, Levi chased them around the town in his pajamas, while (y/n) and Zeke ran shoeless.

It was safe to say that things ended as normal, and she was dragged home by her brother, Because, even after all the years, nothing has changed.