Levi x Reader | Sickly

!CAUTION! This is a little update from 2023 me. This is literally sweaty ass. Like I'm not going to delete it because I think a few people liked it, but I can't even bring myself to get through the first paragraph. In fact, I could write a whole book of reasons on why this is so bad and that you shouldn't read this at all. You've been thoroughly warned,

Time - In the middle of the day; Laying in a feild

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You laid in the grass of the front lawn. While the newbies were slaving away for the ankle biter, you were relaxing. And still, with all the chaos inside the building, the clouds moved as slowly as ever.

You may be wondering why everyone was working while you got to relax. At the moment, you were supposed to be on bed rest.

Your head was spinning, and stomach in pain. During the last expedition, you had ingested something rotten and got severely sick.

I guess I lied. You did have a job. Hiding from Levi was no easy task. He was assigned to watch over you by the commander himself.

You had a habit of doing the exact opposite of whatever someone said. That's precisely why you had walked a good mile away from the building.

It was safe to say that at the moment, you were safe, fell that's what you thought anyways. That was until you heard the galloping of hooves coming towards you.

You swiftly turned your head to see the devil himself, Levi Ackerman, racing towards you. Without hesitation, you scurried up the tree that sat beside you, and just in time.

He stopped and got off his horse and sat there for a moment. "Get on the horse, you damn brat," he said, crossing his arms and looking up to you.

"How bout you come and get me, you short shit," you said, poking him with a brach. He grabbed the branch and pulled on it, taking you down with it.

Your body hit the ground with a thump, and you rubbed your ass from the impact. "I really do hate you, you know that right," you said, glaring up at Levi. "Just get on the horse," he said, helping you up.

He sat behind you and started riding. Remember how I said your head was spinning? It had suddenly gotten worse.

Your head was throbbing, and you began to sway. Levi hadn't noticed your odd behavior until the last moment. Even then, he couldn't save you.

You lost balance and fell right into his arm. The sudden weight caused him to lose his reign, and you tumbled to the ground.

His horse stopped, and he jumped off the see if you were alright. Just as he had suspected, you weren't. The force of the fall had knocked you unconscious.

Your limp body laid in the grass, and he had no other choice than to carry you back to the horse. The entire time, he muttered about how you were an idiot but held you close all the same.

Petra and Eld rushed to him after he arrived, and Levi explained the situation. They took you from him, and he was left to put his horse away.

"Levi, Erwin wanted me to tell you that you have to keep a better watch on (y/n). This happens nearly every time," Petra said, referring to the last time you got sick.

"You think I don't already know?" Levi said, locking the stall door and walking away. "Where are you going?" Oluo asked in his usual demanding tone.

"Where the hell do you think?" Levi yelled back. "Simp!" Uluo yelled, continuing to clean stalls. (I feel like that's something Uluo say.)

You had seemed to be asleep when Levi entered. The sun was already setting, and the orange light left an orange hue to cover the bedsheets.

Levi took a wet cloth and placed it on your head to cool your rising fever. He feared getting sick but did the task none the less.

The whole world seemed silent, and Levi was the only one to talk. "Why the hell do you have to keep on getting sick. I'm the one who has to care for you," he groaned, changing the water and sitting back down.

"And now I have to take care of your lazy ass while you sleep," he continued, sitting on the side of your bed. "I'm not sure why I always get assigned to take care of you," he said, "but I don't mind," Levi said, his voice becoming softer.

"You know, the only reason I do this is because, I love you." Levi was a bit hesitant at first, but he managed to get the words out. He shouldn't have been, right? Everyone was busy, and you were sleeping peacefully beside him.

"You idiot," you muttered in a groggy voice, making him jump. Levi's cheeks burned red, and he stared right at your your closed eyes.

"I love you too."