ch8: Wonderland

TW: mention of panic attacks & anxiety

☆☆☆ 

    Willow took a step away, forcing her back against the window. She glanced between the two people in front of her.

"What are you doing here?"

Dean smiled. "I could ask you the same thing."

He pulled Willow into a hug, which she was too in shock to deny. Once the two broke apart she heard the tall, dark-haired girl next to Dean clear her throat.

"Hi," she said, holding out her hand. "My name's Dove. Who are you?"

Willow softly shook her hand, "I'm Willow, nice to meet you. Dean is, uh, one of my old school mates."

Dove smiled as she looked at the other two. "Oh, of course! I should have known, Dean talks about Hogwarts all the bloody time!"

Willow returned her warm smile, but she was still in shock that Dean was standing in front of her. She knew that she'd joked about inviting him, but never did she expect him to be here on his own. From what she remembered, Dean and Angelina were not friends.

"I really wasn't expecting to see you here, Dean," Willow said.

Dove interrupted, "Well he's actually here because of me! Angelina and I are childhood friends."

Dean grinned as he stared down at Dove. He was giving her the same look he gave Willow last weekend.

"Erm, Dove, would you mind going to get me a drink? I want to catch up with Willow," Dean said, placing a hand on Dove's back. "I haven't seen her in ages."

Willow watched as Dove smiled sweetly before pecking him on the cheek and waving at her. Both she and Dean watched until Dove was out of earshot before they turned to each other.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Dean?" Willow started in a hushed tone. "You were in my bed last weekend! But now you've suddenly got a girlfriend?"

Dean rolled his eyes before moving to one of the empty armchairs in the sitting area of the bay window. When Willow didn't move, he motioned to the chair next to his. She rolled her eyes before making her way to the couch on the opposite side of the area.

Dean rubbed his hand on the back of his neck before leaning forward. "She's not my girlfriend, Willie. And I meant what I said last weekend, I still think about you."

"Yes, apparently you do, while you're in bed with other girls!"

"Would you keep your voice down, Willie? You've got it all twisted," he whispered.

Willow leaned forward, "How many times do I have to tell you that do not get to call me Willie anymore, Dean. I don't care that she's not your girlfriend, she clearly has an interest in you so that's not fair to her."

"Willie, you do not understand wha–" Dean began. But he quickly stopped himself as he watched something move above Willow's head.

Before she had a chance to turn around, Willow felt the couch dip next to her. She watched Dean shift his look over before rolling his eyes and leaning back in his chair. She glanced over to see George sitting a couple of feet away from her.

She felt herself instinctively smile as they made eye contact. Just like his brother, he was wearing black cat ears at the top of his head. Except, instead of a lettered jumper like Fred, he was wearing a simple black one, dark jeans, and a pair of black high-tops matched with some striped socks that were peeking out beneath the cuffs on his jeans.