ch21: Game of Chance

tw: sexually explicit material 

☆☆☆

    Flour clouded around her as Willow plopped the risen dough onto the lightly-dusted counter. As she began to work the dough into a flatter and rounder shape, she watched as Angelina was tossing spare tomatoes into the mouth of Juliet.

Angelina had gotten into London late last night; Willow only knew this because at around two in the morning she was woken up by the creaks from the bedframe in Juliet's room. She had been forced to cast the silencing charm around her room to be able to get even a few hours of sleep.

However, she would never tell them what she'd heard. Willow was perfectly content to let them live in blissful unawareness. As she began to spread the tomato sauce onto her freshly-formed pizza, Juliet started laughing as a tomato hit her in the nose.

"You know, Angie," Willow started. "You're not going to have any leftovers to go in the salad if they all go into Jules's mouth."

"Yeah, babe," Juliet teased from the barstool she sat on. "You need to focus on your salad."

Angelina rolled her eyes at the comments before throwing one last tomato directly at Juliet's head. But—much to her dismay—Juliet was still able to catch it in her mouth. "What kind of pizza are you making, Willie?" she asked, swallowing the cherry tomato and watching as Willow began to shred a block of cheese.

"I, uh, I was just planning on making a pepperoni one, I think," Willow replied, struggling to shred the last few inches of cheese on the grater. "George and Lee—and probably Fred—seem to be pretty picky eaters so I'm keeping it basic."

"Oh, well, do you have a plan to make a vegetarian option?" Juliet casually asked as she looked between the labels on the bottles of rum in front of her.

Willow glanced up before responding, "Since when do you care about vegetarian options?"

"Oh, Angie's actually a vegetarian now," she looked to Angelina, who was watching her in amusement. "And, I suppose, I'm also trying it out."

"Ah, I wasn't aware of this," Willow stated as she began to sprinkle the cheese onto her pizza.

"It's a part of the training we make our athletes do, so I wanted to try it out and see if a diet can truly help you out on the Quidditch pitch," Angelina explained.

"And what's your consensus?"

Angelina let out a small laugh. "Ask me that once I manage to go a full day without meat," she admitted. "I asked Julie to try it with me for motivation."

The three girls laughed as Willow agreed to make a plain cheese pizza too. As she moved to grab another block of mozzarella from the freezer, Angelina complained, "Are you sure there's nothing else in that fridge that could go in a salad? For a chef, Willow, you've got quite the empty kitchen."

"I'm not a chef, Angie, I am a baker," she protested, turning back to the cutting board with the new block of cheese. "And I told you—if you want more options you're more than welcome to go to the store yourself."

"And I told you I didn't want to," Angelina retorted.

"Hm...then stop complaining."

"Oh, Willow," Angelina laughed. "You have not changed."

Willow glanced up from the cheese grater long enough to ask, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Angelina held a hand up in defense as she moved to sit on the barstool next to Juliet. "It wasn't supposed to be an insult, I swear," she quickly explained. "All I meant is that you sometimes still remind me of how you acted in Hogwarts."