ch16: Possible Complications

TW: mature content ahead (language, sexually explicit content)   

☆☆☆

    Willow leaned her head on her hand as she watched the rain pour onto the cobblestones below her window. It was Friday night, half an hour before George was supposed to come over, and she had a pit in her stomach that grew each time a minute ticked by.

She had allowed Seth and Everly to go home earlier than normal tonight so that she could have enough time to prepare for his visit. But, apparently, preparing for tonight involved wistfully staring out the window wondering if it was too late to cancel.

Tearing her gaze away from the weather, Willow turned to grab her grandmother's cookbook from the bookshelf behind her. She flipped through it until she found George's response from earlier this week. She took it from its spot before placing the book back on the shelf. After unfolding the parchment, she read over it once more.

Earlier this week he had agreed to come over Friday night, even stating that he would leave before they closed shop so he could bring dinner. He hadn't given any other details on his plan, which also made the anxiety in Willow's stomach rise. The time of his arrival was slowly inching closer.

The letters between them hadn't stopped this week. Willow had several more tucked away, some of them sweet and others a little more mature. It was becoming evident that she was developing more than just physical feelings toward George, and his letters to her seemed to say the same thing.

But there was something at the back of Willow's mind that continued to tell her it was all in her head, and he wasn't interested in anything but her body. However, that was what tonight was about. She wanted to get a straight answer out of George about what exactly he wanted from her before she allowed things to go any further than they already had.

Willow sighed as she placed his letter on the top of her bookshelf before standing up to close her curtains. Then she turned to walk toward the bathroom where she washed her face in an attempt to make time go faster. She knew that if she gave herself too much time to think, she was going to be able to convince herself to cancel. Which is not what she wanted to occur, despite what her nerves tried to convince her of.

Even if nothing else happened, Willow needed to talk to George about last weekend. Her mind had been preoccupied with the image of their kiss all week; she'd been replaying it in her head all day long. She needed to know if George wanted more from her, or if their relationship would remain strictly professional.

Which was another thing she began to worry about as she dried her face. What if a relationship with George–any type of relationship–caused her product deal with them to fall through? She knew that she would need to have a good partnership with all of the owners from here on out, and sleeping with one of them may cause their attitudes toward her to falter.

As she walked back to her room to begin digging through her dresser, Willow had to admit to herself that she also didn't know what she wanted from him. She had thoroughly enjoyed their kiss, and she couldn't deny the warm feeling in her body whenever George was near her. Even in the short time she'd known him, he made her feel special and wanted in a way she'd never experienced from a guy.

Willow had only gone on a few dates in her time since Hogwarts. Dean had been her first everything, so once she was ready to get over him she had become a bit of a "serial dater." However, none of them ever amounted to anything past the first or second date. She had yet to question any of her hookups, so she didn't want George to be her first regret.

Not wanting to linger on her thoughts any further, Willow changed out of the clothes she'd been wearing all day. She slipped on a clean bra and panty set before glancing herself over in the mirror. Satisfied with how she looked, she threw on a short black top and some loose-fitting grey shorts. Then she pulled on a pair of zig-zag patterned crew socks.