ch22: Licorice Wand

a/n: QUICK! before you read, i just wanted to say a huge thank you for all the love over the past few days & since the beginning of messy. i reached a whopping 50k reads yesterday & that is just unreal to me. so—from the bottom of my heart—thank you for all of the love & support! i feel so lucky to provide y'all with this story. anyway! enjoy chapter 22 :)

tw: sexually explicit material 

☆☆☆

    Laughter and the clanging of pans from the kitchen stirred Willow awake the following morning. She laid still in the bed, her eyes closed, for a few more fleeting minutes before finally opening her eyes to find George still sound asleep.

He was facing her, one arm still lazily draped across her waist. Willow attempted to soften her breathing so that he could sleep a little longer as she glanced over his face up-close for the first time—uninterrupted.

Her eyes followed the faint smattering of freckles that painted his entire face. She was able to notice a small scar that extended from the base of his nostril to his upper lip, something you'd probably never notice without a chance to be this close to him.

George's bare chest continued to rise and fall as she reached out to trace his strong jaw. She could feel the rough stubble he hadn't had a chance to shave off under her finger as she trailed it down to his chin. His nostrils flared with each large breath he took.

His nose was one of her favorite things about George. She loved the way it prominently stuck out from his face. The bump along the bridge of his nose made it unique—and made Willow love it all the more. Every time he dragged it up her neck, shivers went cascading down her spine.

Willow slowly shifted to her back, still careful not to wake him as she thought back on last night. Every moment from their time in the bedroom brought forth a bubbling feeling in her stomach. She felt lucky to have spent the night with him and reassured that he still felt the same way about her.

As she finally began to swing her legs over the edge of the bed at the sound of Juliet's laugh, Willow felt a twinge of soreness in her core while she sat up. She paused to rub her slightly shaky legs before finally hoisting herself out of the bed and setting George's arm back on the mattress.

After she had paused for a moment to stretch out her body and pull on some sweatpants, Willow finally pushed through her bedroom door. The sunlight hit her face, but, thanks to the sobering potion she had downed with George, she wasn't having any lasting effect from the alcohol.

She was greeted by a chorus of "Good Mornings" from Juliet, who stood at the stove, and Angelina, who sat on the barstool closest to the wall. Willow was able to give them a weak smile as she continued to rub her hands down her thighs in an attempt to alleviate the oncoming soreness.

"Rough night?" Angelina laughed as Willow settled into one of the free barstools. Juliet turned away from the stove to stand in front of the chopping board laying on the counter. She began to slice into the bundle of scallions sitting on the wooden board.

"I had a wonderful time last night actually," Willow responded as she attempted to smooth out her hair.

"That's good to hear," Juliet casually began, cracking an egg into the small bowl on the counter. "Did George spend the night?"

Willow's eyes flickered to her closed bedroom door. She leaned her head into her hand as she said, "He did. We had a—uh, a fun night."

The other girls laughed as Willow's face went warm. "Is he still here?" Angelina questioned after taking a small sip from the mug in her hands.