twenty two

this chapter includes a very (very) small talk about sexual assault so just in case you're triggered by that !! i've realized i should probably warn people before chapters now bc i realize it can be very triggering

\\

"A McSausage and a hash brown, please."

Brielle smiled softly at the cashier as she executed the mere seven words she practiced saying the whole time she was in waiting in line. She was usually decent with talking to strangers, but it was something about ordering food that made her anxious.

It was like the cashier was judging her and it was so pressuring and she just hated it. And what was even worse about it was the fact that she couldn't have anyone else order for her because then it would look like there was something wrong with her -- a nineteen year old girl who couldn't order her own damn food.

But at least she was able to do it this one time without stuttering or sounding stupid, so there was that.

She felt her mouth water as the cashier handed her her bag of utterly greasy and fattening food that she loved so dearly. It was very rare that her parents would ever go to a place like McDonalds -- most of the time they spent dinner at some fancy place that gave her what felt like a grain of rice as a dish. So now that she was technically on her own, she definitely was taking advantage of being able to choose what she ate.

Brielle took her food and sat down in a far booth off in the corner, hoping nobody would see her sitting alone. It felt awkward to eat alone in public. She usually felt bad when she saw people sitting by themselves because she made the assumption that there were just alone in general.

But at the same time, she didn't want Luke to come with her nor did she want to be at the club at the moment.

For one, Marcella just really gave her a bad vibe, despite how cool Brielle thought she was going to be at first. It was like she felt the need to show off whatever was going on between her and Luke -- whether it was a relationship or FWBs or whatever. It was quite aggravating, and made things awkward, and Brielle preferred to avoid it if she could.

Luke. He was aggravating her as well with his accusations of her being jealous of his Marcella, which wasn't true and also made him sound conceited. Not only that, but he lied to her. And then he just blew it off like it was nothing. What if he had lied to her about other things? It wasn't really a big lie, or her business, but it still made her skeptical.

Either way, she didn't want to be near him at the moment. She had had enough of him over the last day.

Brielle unwrapped her McSausage and her hash brown, smoothing the paper and she placed it on the table. She squirted the packet of ketchup all over her hash brown before she ate it -- something her friends always hated because they claimed it made it soggy.

She leaned in to take her first bite, and shortly after, she felt her phone vibrate on the table, making her groan at the interruption.

She looked over at the phone and grabbed it with raised eyebrows. Savannah was calling her.

It was weird to even see the name displayed on the screen, as even though they exchanged numbers on Brielle's first day, she never had any reason to contact her. They talked nonstop at work, so that was always enough contact for them.

Although, considering what happened yesterday, Brielle assumed that that was probably what she was calling about. She wasn't sure if Savannah was actually there, but she was sure someone had told her about it, most likely Calum.

The phone continued to vibrate on the table, and on about the fourth ring Brielle realized that she was thinking too much into why Savannah was calling, and just picked up the phone.