twelve

Everyone had a nice time bowling together -- well, except for Brielle.

The presence of Luke was bothering her to no end. He planned this somehow. He knew.

Although, actually, Luke didn't know Brielle was going to be here. Since his jaw was still not in ideal condition to box, he had extra free time and decided to spend it with his best friend.

Even though he didn't expect her to be at the bowling alley, he did see her when he walked in. And he might've begged the man at the desk to give him and Michael the aisle next to hers.

There's nothing wrong with that, right? He saw an opportunity and he took it.

On the other hand, Samantha had pretty much forgotten about Luke and how Brielle was avoiding telling her how they met. And this was because of a green-haired boy by the name of Michael Clifford.

She was intrigued by his eccentric hair color and started a conversation based off of it, although it somehow eventually spiraled into a conversation about League of Legends. They both had stopped bowling by now, and the hour they both paid for was now going to waste.

Sam and Michael were laughing to each other in one of the corner seats, although Brielle wasn't even focused on them. She was glaring at Luke who was sitting with his ankle resting on his other knee while he scrolled on his phone.

"So, Luke."

Luke turned around in his seat to be greeted by Brielle's face which was within extremely close range of his. She sat in her seat backwards, with a determined look on her face before continuing.

"Who told you I was here?" Brielle questioned as she put her best interrogation face on.

Luke snorted. "What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Who sent you?"

Luke bit his lip as he tried to contain his laughter, although it managed to slip. Brielle couldn't help but smile at Luke's laugh, although she quickly composed herself. "Luke, seriously, this isn't funny. How'd you know I was here?"

Before Luke could respond, Samantha's roaring laugh came from behind Brielle, which caused both Brie and Luke to turn their heads. Sam had her head in her hands as she laughed louder than was probably necessary, while Michael looked at her with a proud smirk. He most likely told her some dumb joke that only the two of them would find funny.

"I can't believe your friend stole my date," Brielle stated without taking her eyes off Michael and Sam.

"I can't believe your friend stole my date," Luke retorted, which caused Brielle to turn her head back towards Luke.

"Oh, really? Michael's your date?"

"Yeah. We've been having problems lately and I wanted to take him out to remind him how much I love him, and he repays me like this," He stated seriously, as he gestured towards the two of them.

Brielle tried to hide her smile as she shook her head. "You're an idiot."

Luke noticed her slight smile, and even if it was barely noticeable, it was the prettiest smile he had ever witnessed in his life. And now that he had steered the conversation away from the fact that he just happened to show up at the same bowling alley as her, he took this opportunity to spend more time with her.

"Hey, instead of wasting the night watching your friend have fun, you wanna go in the arcade with me and see what they have to play?" He suggested, as he stood up from his seat.

"No, I'm okay."

"Alright, cool, let's go." Luke completely ignored Brielle's response, as he grabbed her hand and pulled her up. At this point, it was evident that Luke was not going to take no for an answer, so Brielle didn't waste her time trying to oppose. Also, she didn't know if he meant to, but Luke had an extremely tight grip on her hand and it didn't seem physically possible for her to let go.