sixteen

Luke had trouble gripping onto the steering wheel -- his hands were sweating so much. He couldn't tell if the unusual amount of sweating forming in his hands was from nerves or how irate he was at the moment.

Who the fuck did Tyler think he was? Luke could not believe a man could be so shitty that he would say such revolting words to someone he is supposed to love. Not to mention, he had the fucking audacity to blame what happened on her. Just thinking about it made him want to bash Tyler's skull into the fucking concrete.

Seeing Brielle so upset and vulnerable made Luke's heart shatter. She was such a sweetheart, she really didn't deserve anything that has happened to her. He couldn't help but admit that it felt pretty good that Brielle came to him for comfort, though. It showed that she was comfortable showing such an emotional side of her. But the fact that someone said something that hurt her so much that she would be in such an emotional state made him want to punch a hole into a brick wall.

And that's what made him nervous -- the fact that he was so angry. Luke was definitely not the best at containing his anger, and he was almost sure he wasn't going to be able to if he saw Tyler. And he felt horrible making that promise to Brielle knowing that he wasn't going to keep it.

God, of course Brielle would make him promise that. He just could not fucking understand why she so keen on not wanting him to get into a fight with Tyler. Especially after today, Tyler deserved to have the shit beat out of him.

But he wasn't going to question or argue with her. The last time he brought up her defending Tyler it did not end well, and the absolute last thing he wanted to do at the moment was make her even more upset.

Luke's beat down car pulled into the shop parking lot, and he heard Brielle take a deep breath as it did. She had been bouncing her leg the entire ride, which was a habit he also acquired when he was nervous.

"You okay?" He asked once he parked the car.

"I'm as okay as I'm going to get." She sighed, rubbing her eyes. She didn't know it was possible for them to become sore from crying so much.

"Ready?" Luke had already unbuckled his seatbelt -- he was ready to confront this punk ass.

He was also kinda excited to see his best friend.

Brielle weakly nodded, and Luke didn't waste any time jumping out of the car. He waited for her as she hesitantly repeated his actions and exited the car. Brielle gave him a small nod to indicate that it was okay to start walking.

Luke started to make his way to the entrance, with Brielle following behind. Although he was halted seconds later when he heard Brielle's weak voice.

"Wait," She squeaked, which made Luke immediately turn around.

"What's wrong?" He took a few steps so he was standing right in front of her.

"I don't wanna do this," Brielle admitted as she covered her face with her hands. She hated herself for being so emotional.

Luke forced her hands from her face and put her arms around him as he pulled her in for a hug. Her height was perfect for resting his chin on her head.

"You don't have to go in. You can sit in the car or I can go drop you off somewhere else while I'm here," He suggested as he felt a few tears leak through his shirt.

"No, I wanna be there when you talk to Calum." She mumbled into his shirt.

"It's gonna be okay." He attempted to soothe her, running his hand up and down her back.

Brielle had to admit, Luke telling her it was going to be okay with his smooth voice and him rubbing her back was extremely comforting.

"I'm sorry for getting your shirt wet again." She apologized, looking up at him this time.