one

Gazing around at the hundreds of drunk douchebags yelling at the ring and girls with half their shirt off, Brielle knew she didn't belong here. She could've been at home, laying lifeless on her bed while she finished her Orange Is the New Black marathon, but no.

The cute boy who she's been in love with for as long as she could remember just had to invite her out today.

I mean, how could she say no? The way his brown curly locks barely grazed his face, and how his chocolate brown eyes stared right into her hazel ones, and how he shot that pearly white smile at her right after, there was no way she could resist.

He placed his hand above her head and leaned into her, his lips curling to form a small smirk. "Since you're so pretty and all, you probably already have plans this weekend, but I'm hoping that you don't." Brielle chuckled at the thought of her having plans. "I'm completely free." His face lit up as he slightly placed his hand on her waist. "Let me take you out."

And that was all it took. But she didn't expect him to take her out to a fucking underground boxing match.

The cute boy, who happened to be named Tyler, also happened to be her "ex-boyfriend," if you could even call it that. It was a high school fling that only lasted a few months, but it was the happiest few months that Brielle had from High School. It was the only time she could ever recall being "in love" despite having a vast history of relationships.

Tyler treated Brielle like a princess, although there was no happy ending. Towards the end of their relationship, Tyler ended up turning to alcohol, and became very angry and aggressive. Whenever they hung out, he was always drinking. She pleaded for him to stop, although he insisted that there was nothing to worry about. She was the one to call it off.

It took her a while to though, and even then, she didn't want to. Although, if it wasn't for her parents and friends pestering her about him, she probably would've ended up staying, being the naive girl she was.

But when she saw his clear, freckled face, and perky smile at a local Target this past week, she knew things were different. He had changed.

Although, Brielle felt different about that statement as she stood in a crowd of sweaty, chanting, adults with one of Tyler's arm slung around her waist, and the other holding a bottle of Corona. He put the bottle to his lips and took a swig, then sloppily pushed it into her chest.

"Want a sip?" She could barely hear him over the rowdy crowd.

"No, I'm good," she declined, trying to hide her frustration. The fact that he was drinking annoyed her to no end, although she didn't want to start anything. But she definitely was not going to let him get her drunk in this sketchy club.

"You sure, babe? C'mon, loosen up a little." Tyler smirked as he leaned in closer to her, with the bottle of beer still pressed to her chest.

Brie's jaw clenched as she started to get frustrated.

For one, she hated when people told her to "loosen up" or "have fun." She heard it all through high school. People constantly pressuring her to drink or smoke. It was her life, why the fuck did people insist on trying to tell her how to live it?

And second off, she was tired of people pushing her, and it just got louder and louder as the match went on. This was the last place she wanted to be.

She shoved the bottle away from her body, pushing Tyler back a bit at the same time. "I fucking said no."

His face immediately dropped, and his eyebrows furrowed. "Jesus Christ, you don't have to be a bitch about it."

Brielle's mouth hung open at Tyler's rude remark, but before she could say anything in return, the crowd started to all chant one single word.