five

"you can't expect to get him when you're sulking in my kitchen, you know."

after jaehyun's awkward encounter with doyoung, he had decided to leave, but didn't head home. instead, he went to johnny's house, currently resting his head on the kitchen island. he didn't know what to do. if it was anyone else, the bet probably would have been over the second it was made, but it just had to be doyoung. the quiet kid who probably hasn't even been kissed yet.

"why don't you ask him out or something?" johnny suggested. "see if he would wanna go on a date with you."

"i don't know anything about him, so i wouldn't even be able to plan a good date," jaehyun mumbled, his voice muffled.

"okay, but you're friends with 2 people who do know things about him, one of those people literally being his best friend."

"fine. what does doyoung like?"

jaehyun sat up and turned to face johnny, who stopped to think. "he likes flowers. taking him somewhere like the mall wouldn't be a bad idea, but i don't know how he feels about crowds, so i would be careful with that one. he likes animals, he likes coffee, he plays the piano ... now that i think about it, i don't know a lot about him," he muttered, frowning a little.

this was going to be harder than jaehyun thought.

•••••

after interrogating taeyong over the phone about doyoung's interests, jaehyun quickly put together a small date and left johnny's house, thanking him for his help. he began the walk back to the house doyoung and taeyong shared, his nerves at an all time high. what if doyoung didn't like the date he had planned? what if he ended up making himself look stupid?

stopping on their doorstep, jaehyun sucked in a breath and knocked on the door.

only a few seconds passed before the door opened, revealing doyoung. "oh. jaehyun. should i go—"

"no, i'm here to talk to you," he said quietly, doyoung falling silent as he waited for the boy to continue. "do you wanna go on a date? it doesn't have to mean anything, i just thought ... it would make things a little less awkward between us."

"a date?" doyoung narrowed his eyes a little as he stared at jaehyun; it felt like he was trying to find some secret motive that wasn't there. "alright, i'll go. but don't try anything weird."

"i promise i won't." he watched as doyoung disappeared inside, presumably to grab his phone, before returning to the door, stepping out and pulling it shut behind him.

to tell you the truth, jaehyun was terrified. little did he know that so was doyoung.