eleven

when jaehyun woke up, he struggled to remember anything that had happened the night before. he didn't think he had gotten that drunk, and as the floodgate broke and the memories rushed into his brain, he was right.

doyoung had gotten drunk— fast— and decided that right then and there, he wanted to have sex with jaehyun. so jaehyun agreed, getting drunk enough, and then they went upstairs, and it got heated almost instantly ... but then doyoung stopped him. told him he felt weird doing it in such a public area, even if the door was locked. so then jaehyun led him downstairs and out of the house, and when johnny asked him where they were going, he didn't stop to answer.

his house. they had gone to his house, and his memory became a blur after that. a mess, a mix of the bare skin jaehyun had seen and touched; of the way doyoung's back arched in pleasure, and the way he gripped the sheets roughly anytime jaehyun did it just right; of the sounds that had come out of his mouth, the soft moans that increased in volume as jaehyun—

no.

feeling something brush against his collarbone, he looked down, and there doyoung was, still dead asleep. his arms were around jaehyun's midsection, and he was as naked as jaehyun was. they must've fallen asleep the minute it was over. doyoung was surprisingly toned; that was something jaehyun remembered vividly, and he had even mentioned it to doyoung, who told him to shut up.

"doyoung," he whispered. nothing. "doyoung." how deep of a sleeper was he? "doyoung, doyoung, doyoung, doyoung, do—"

"what?" doyoung finally muttered, reaching up and lazily putting his hand over jaehyun's mouth. "i'm trying to sleep."

"it's morning."

"and? it's a saturday. leave me alone."

"what if i wanted to take you out today?"

he brought his head up so his chin rested on jaehyun's chest. "are we still doing that?"

"what do you mean, are we still— of course we are."

"but we did the dare, didn't we?"

"and? i'm still gonna take you out. now get up and go get ready, you can borrow some of my clothes."

huffing, doyoung mumbled a "fine" and pushed himself up off the boy, throwing the covers back as he got out of bed. he stood and stretched, and then froze. "i'm naked, aren't i?"

"it's okay. you have a cute butt, so i don't mind." completely disregarding his comment, doyoung went to his closet and picked out a change of clothes, getting whatever else he needed from the drawers before heading into the bathroom. jaehyun got dressed in the bedroom and waited patiently for doyoung to come out. when he did, jaehyun hopped up and went downstairs with him, getting his shoes on and letting doyoung do the same before they went out the door.

"so where exactly are we gonna go?" doyoung asked.

"to be honest, i don't know. i mostly just said it to get you out of bed."

"can we go to the aquarium?"

"didn't i take you earlier this week?"

he looked at doyoung with a raised eyebrow, and the boy smiled sheepishly. "maybe. maybe not. what can i say? i like going there."

"we're not going there."

they went to the bakery instead.

it was the same bakery they had gone to on their first date, except this time, they weren't in a rush to leave. jaehyun ordered for them again, getting a slice of strawberry shortcake for them to share. as he returned with the plate, doyoung was looking out the shop window, observing the people that walked past. "jaehyun, what are we?"

"what?"

"what are we?" he repeated, turning his head to watch him as he sat down.

jaehyun went silent, unsure of how to answer. "well ... considering the circumstances, right now, we're technically friends with benefits."

"but i don't want to be friends with benefits."

"then what do you want to be?"

"i don't know!" he looked frustrated; jaehyun didn't think he had seen him frustrated before. "i don't know what i want us to be. it's all so confusing, i just— i don't even know how to feel. i don't know if i'm supposed to like you, or if i'm supposed to pretend my feelings for you don't exist and pretend this whole thing never happened."

"do you have feelings for me?"

"maybe! but what if dating doesn't work out, either? do you even like me back?" his voice cracked a little at the end, and jaehyun felt his heart crack with it.

"to be honest ... yeah. i do. it's weird, considering we haven't even known each other that long, but when i look at you, i get butterflies in my stomach. the more time we spend together, the more it hurts being away from you, and i just want to be with you. even if that all sounds really dramatic, it's true."

"jaehyun."

"yeah?"

"why don't we just date?"

he was surprised by his question. "what?"

"we date. see how it goes. maybe our feelings dissipate, maybe we end up getting married in a year and move in together."

he shrugged, and jaehyun stared at him. "did you have to put it like that?"

"what? i'm just offering potential outcomes." he looked at jaehyun again, taking his hand from across the table. "so is it a yes or no?"

"it's a yes. what happens when taeyong and johnny find out?"

"well ... we just have to make sure they don't." doyoung winked, and jaehyun rolled his eyes, unable to suppress a smile.

"you've gotten way more confident recently, by the way."

"i've been spending too much time with you, you're rubbing off on me."

"is that a bad thing?"

"no. it'll never be a bad thing."

jeong jaehyun officially had a boyfriend.