epilogue

"doyoung."

a groan. it was muffled by the pillow. "what?"

"time to get up."

"do we have to?" he whined, flipping onto his back to look at jaehyun. he thought doyoung was cute in the mornings, but he also thought he was cute regardless of the time of day.

brushing doyoung's hair out of his eyes, he smiled and kissed the boy's forehead. "yes. we do."

a few months after taeyong, yuta and johnny began dating, they decided to move into johnny's house, meaning jaehyun was able to move in with doyoung. it had been a year since then, and they were all out of school. doyoung and jaehyun both had jobs so they could support themselves, but jaehyun had gotten multiple jobs to save up for something.

something big.

when doyoung came downstairs after getting dressed, he went into the kitchen and leaned against the doorway, crossing his arms with his eyebrow raised. "can i ask why you dragged me out of bed at this hour?"

"it's nearly 11."

"and? i was having such a good dream."

jaehyun rolled his eyes, picking up his keys and his wallet as he strolled to the door. "i'm taking you out today."

"impromptu dates? we haven't done one of those since—"

"since we had to do them because our virginity was on the line," he finished. "i'm well aware of what happened, i was there and i was the one who took your virginity. now come on, we're burning daylight."

the bakery had become a favorite place of both jaehyun and doyoung's, and jaehyun took him there at least once a week. they always ordered the same thing, but when doyoung inspected the menu, he asked, "do you think their crepes are good?"

"i've never had them, so i couldn't tell you."

"hmm." going up to the counter, doyoung ordered for the both of them, and when he returned, he had 2 plates of crepes. "we'll get to experience it together," he said with a grin.

the crepes were good.

after they ate, jaehyun took doyoung to target, and when they reached the doors, doyoung turned, his eyebrow raised. "are we just reliving all the dates we went on?"

"maybe. this time, though, i can't guarantee i'll pay for all your stuff."

"i have my ways of making you do things." he grabbed jaehyun's hand and dragged him inside the store, grabbing a basket and going straight to the snack section. he looked around on the shelves and grabbed whatever he thought looked good. "do you want anything?"

"you care about my opinion?" he put a hand on his chest, gasping dramatically. "i'm honored."

doyoung punched his arm. "i'm serious."

"i mean, i was gonna get something to drink ... did you want one?"

"if they have minute maid, grab it." jaehyun nodded, heading down the aisle. behind him, doyoung yelled, "fruit punch specifically!" he went to the refrigerated section and inspected the drinks they had available, grabbing the minute maid doyoung wanted and getting a coca-cola for himself.

by the time he made it back, doyoung's basket was already completely filled. "you don't expect me to pay for all that, do you?"

"can we make another deal?"

he smiled innocently at jaehyun, who sighed. "fine, but it better be a good one."

"if you pay for all of this, i'll call you whatever you want during sex for a month."

"anything?"

"anything. even if it's stupid on purpose."

needless to say, jaehyun paid for everything.

their final stop was the aquarium, and jaehyun had to hold doyoung back from running inside and looking like a fool. "be calm. it's just the aquarium."

"just the— jaehyun, do you even know me?"

as they walked through the halls and admired the different exhibits, jaehyun knew his window of opportunity was coming to a close and he had to act fast. reaching into his pocket, he shut his eyes and mouthed a silent prayer before tapping doyoung's shoulder. he turned around, and jaehyun slowly pulled the small box out, getting down onto one knee. doyoung's eyes widened as he realized what it was. "jaehyun ... ?"

"i don't really know how to do this. seeing it happen all the times in movies or shows wasn't enough to prepare me for this. but ... when we first moved in together, i think that's when i realized i wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. the circumstances we got to know each other under were weird, and i really wish i had thought of a dare faster that night, but at the same time, i wouldn't change a thing. i'm in love with you, doyoung, and i want to be with you for as long as possible." he popped the box open, and doyoung's hand flew over his mouth.

"doyoung, will you marry me?"

he was silent at first, completely frozen as jaehyun waited for an answer. he started to get worried doyoung would reject him, but then there was a small nod. slowly getting up, he took the ring out and slipped it onto doyoung's finger, not letting go of his hand as he smiled at him. doyoung's eyes were watering, and he grabbed jaehyun's face, pulling him in for a kiss. when he pulled away, jaehyun could still barely feel his lips on his as he whispered, "i love you."

jeong jaehyun officially had a fiancé.

thank you all for reading <3