ten

hello !! sorry for the INCREDIBLY late update, i've had a lot going on since march and i haven't been able to write much since :< exams are also coming up soon, and i have to prepare for those, but after that updates will become more frequent. thank you all for being so patient, your support is beyond appreciated <3

the music could be heard from over a block away, and the closer you got, the more the ground felt like it was going to split below you. doyoung walked alongside taeyong, who had had to force him out of his room to go.

"doyoung, are you ready? we're gonna be late!" he yelled down the hall. no response. frowning, he went up to doyoung's room and knocked once, twice, 3 times before opening the door anyway. doyoung was curled up in bed, hidden beneath his blanket. "what are you doing? we need to go." a groan. "doyoung—"

"do we have to go?"

"do you wanna lose the dare?"

"no," he said, his voice muffled. "but i can't face him. what if it all goes wrong? what if this makes him hate me?"

"you're acting like a teenager. it'll be fine! he could never hate you. he's physically incapable of hating anyone ... except me and johnny. he probably hates us. but not you!"

"i dunno."

"you—" taeyong grabbed the blanket and yanked it down, dropping it onto the floor.

doyoung sat up. "hey! what was that for?"

"come on, we're leaving."

"but i don't even look presentable!" he grabbed doyoung's arm and began dragging him out of the room, down the stairs and to the front door. he had a surprisingly strong grip.

"who cares if you look presentable, you're gonna end up naked anyway! now, come on!"

a sudden tap on his shoulder dragged doyoung out of his thoughts and back to the present; they were on johnny's doorstep, and taeyong was giving him a reassuring smile. "it'll be okay, doyoung. don't worry. jaehyun ... at the very least, he won't hurt you. he seems like the gentle type."

"was that necessary?"

"i don't know how i'm supposed to comfort you in this situation."

the door suddenly swung open, revealing johnny. "taeyong, doyoung! you made it!" he yelled, his voice barely audible over the booming music. "come on in!"

there were more people than there had been last time, and that already made doyoung nervous. he turned to talk to taeyong, but the boy was already gone, and now doyoung was left in a sea of people he didn't know. pushing his way through the crowd and mumbling apologies to anyone he walked by, he reemerged at the drinks table. hesitating, he grabbed one of the red cups and downed the whole thing in one go, suppressing a violent cough afterwards.

the beer was shit.

but it was his only option, and as he drank cup after cup, he could feel his thoughts start to get foggy. his brain felt like a whirlwind, and all he could think of, clearly, was jaehyun. jaehyun, the stupid boy with pink hair and dimples that were so deep, he didn't even know it was possible. eyes he could get lost in forever, if he had the time ... forever with jaehyun ...

"doyoung?"

he whipped around, nearly losing his balance as someone gripped his arms and held him up. he looked up, his cheeks blazing red as he realized who it was. jaehyun, whose eyes were filled with confusion as he spotted the empty cups on the table behind him. "you didn't."

"and what if i did?"

"doyoung—"

"jaehyun, i think we should make love," he said bluntly.

now it was jaehyun's turn to blush, his cheeks dusted with a light shade of pink. they were almost as pink as his hair. "maybe when you're—"

"no. i don't care. now. it's friday, jaehyun, and it's close to midnight." he grabbed one of the cups off the table and thrust it in the direction of the boy, who took it hesitantly, downing its contents like it was nothing. how come doyoung couldn't drink alcohol like that?

"how many did you have?"

"uh ... i dunno. 5 or 6, maybe?"

jaehyun pinched the bridge of his nose, letting out a deep sigh. "you're a lightweight, aren't you?"

"no! maybe. i don't drink alcohol that much."

"i can see why," he muttered. "i'll drink as many as you did, then."

"why?"

"because it feels wrong to do this when you're drunk, and i'm not."

doyoung stood, leaning against the wall in an effort to not fall over as he watched jaehyun down cup after cup, stopping when he hit 6. he looked slightly dazed, but doyoung could tell he hadn't been as affected by it as he was. maybe he was a lightweight. "are you sure about this?" jaehyun asked quietly, taking doyoung's hand into his own.

doyoung nodded, flashing the boy a goofy grin. "as sure as i'll ever be."

jaehyun led doyoung upstairs, not letting go of his hand as they entered one of the guest bedrooms. jaehyun shut and locked the door, and doyoung plopped down onto the bed, his stomach filling with butterflies when he realised what was about to happen. jaehyun approached, slowly, kneeling down in front of doyoung. "i'll ... i'll try to make sure you don't get hurt."

"promise?"

"promise." they both stared at each other, and doyoung was the first to move, taking jaehyun's face into his hands and pulling him closer. their noses were barely touching, and doyoung could smell jaehyun's cologne. "whatever happens," he whispered, "please don't hate me."

"hate you? why would i hate you?"

"i don't know ... just don't. okay?" he nodded, and doyoung sucked in a sharp breath before smashing his lips onto jaehyun's, practically melting into the kiss. jaehyun brought his hands up, placing one on doyoung's back and using the other to lift him up, moving him further into the bed and climbing on top of him. neither of them broke the kiss, and as it slowly escalated and jaehyun went for doyoung's shirt ...

he felt whole.