six

sorry for the lack of updates !! i've been busy with school, but i'll try and update more often :>

doyoung looked out the window of the bakery on the corner, watching strangers walk by and cars zoom past. he kept telling himself that the date meant nothing, and that it was just jaehyun trying to be nice, but he was still nervous. he had never been on a date before, so he wasn't sure what to expect.

"doyoung?" he jumped as he turned, looking at jaehyun. he had two cups of coffee in hand, as well as a brown bag. "we can stay here, or we can head to the park. it's up to you."

"uh ... the park," he replied, standing up from his seat and following jaehyun out of the small building. taking one of the cups of coffee, he sipped it and walked alongside jaehyun on the cracked sidewalk. "are you sure this date doesn't mean anything?"

"well, i assumed you didn't want it to mean anything."

doyoung frowned slightly; he didn't know why, but jaehyun sounded disappointed. "did you want it to mean something?"

"maybe? i don't know. it's all just a lot to take in ... these aren't the best circumstances to get to know someone under."

"we can still call it off, you know," doyoung replied. "even if it's only the first day, it feels like you don't want to do it. and you don't have to."

"i'm gonna do it. if i back out on the first day, johnny would never let me hear the end of it," jaehyun muttered, making doyoung smile.

not even a minute later, doyoung's phone began ringing. "hello?"

"doyoung!" it was taeyong. "my dear, sweet doyoung, how's it going?"

"taeyong, it's been 20 minutes."

"and? a lot could happen in 20 minutes. hand holding, hugs, kisses, s—"

"i'll talk to you later," he interrupted loudly, hanging up before taeyong could say anything else.

when doyoung and jaehyun reached the park, they found a tree to sit under and sat across from each other, enjoying the baked goods jaehyun had gotten before. "i have an idea."

"what?"

"we could play a game to get to know each other better. 2 truths and a lie. you say 2 things that are true about you and 1 thing that's a lie, and the other person has to guess what the lie is."

"i don't know," doyoung said hesitantly. "in all honesty, that seems like a recipe for disaster."

"it'll be fun! and if either of us get uncomfortable at any point, we can always stop."

"alright, fine. i'll go first." setting his coffee down carefully on the ground, doyoung thought long and hard about what to say. "i've never kissed anyone before, i can play the piano, and i've travelled outside of korea before."

"is it the travel one?" as he shook his head, he watched jaehyun's brows furrow together. had he managed to stump him that quick? "you've been kissed before?"

"you didn't even ask about the piano one!"

"johnny told me you play the piano, stupid!"

"why did johnny tell you?"

jaehyun froze, going quiet for a minute. "i asked him about you so i could ... plan this date out. but that doesn't matter! when the hell did you get kissed?"

"it was when i was younger, this girl had a huge crush on me and kissed me but then i rejected her and it was a mess—"

"kim doyoung, you're a player and i didn't even know."

doyoung lightly punched his arm, rolling his eyes. "whatever. it's your turn."

"okay. i'm a virgin, i can also play the piano, and i've tried weed before."

"oh, it's the virgin one. easy." doyoung watched as jaehyun hesitated before slowly shaking his head. the smile on doyoung's face disappeared.

"... what?"