four

it was the first day, and doyoung was nervous, more nervous than he had ever been. he didn't know what to expect in the next week, and it didn't help that he barely even knew jaehyun.

because it was a saturday, doyoung didn't have any classes, which meant he could stay in the comfort of his room the whole day and not have to face jaehyun at all. although he knew that would make the bet nearly impossible, maybe that was the point. maybe he was just too scared to actually let the bet happen.

he thought he would be able to hide in his room all day, but then he remembered that taeyong didn't have classes, either, and neither did jaehyun. this also meant that taeyong would most likely ask jaehyun to hang out with them for the day.

meaning doyoung couldn't hide in his room after all.

forcing himself out of bed, he also reminded himself that if the dare failed, he was the one getting punished; he vaguely remembered his frantic rambling to jaehyun before he agreed to be a cat instead.

it felt like doyoung never did anything to benefit himself.

by the time he got to the kitchen, jaehyun was the only other one awake. taeyong was usually a late sleeper, but doyoung was surprised that jaehyun hadn't left yet. he stood in the doorway, hesitant and fully prepared to run back to his room— but then jaehyun looked up.

"oh, hi, doyoung."

the boy froze where he was, internally having a complete meltdown. he quickly became aware of the fact that talking to jaehyun was gonna be impossible, because all he would be able to think about is the fact that it was all for sex. anything they told each other, any bond they managed to form would just be so they could fuck and then forget any of this ever happened.

"are you ... okay?"

doyoung shook his head, snapping himself out of his thoughts, and quickly nodded at jaehyun's question. "just peachy."

"that sounds sarcastic."

"maybe it is."

"so then what's going on?"

"oh, nothing, just that we're gonna have to have sex eventually and then after that, we're just gonna forget each other. no biggie, really."

sarcasm dripped from his voice, and he watched as a frown suddenly appeared on jaehyun's face. "we can still call the dare off, you know."

"we could, or we could just suffer through the next 6 days."

"doyoung—"

"i'll be in my room if you need me," he interrupted, cutting the conversation short before he said anything else he would regret. doyoung was usually a quiet person, but sometimes he would have small outbursts of emotions he tried his best to suppress around people.

this was probably why his only friend was taeyong.

dragging himself back to his room, doyoung pulled the door shut and collapsed onto his bed, groaning loudly into his pillow. he felt hopeless. he managed to completely derail a regular conversation within 45 seconds, and he was supposed to fuck somebody?

he never should have agreed, and he was seriously beginning to wonder why the hell he did.