• FOUR •

2018

2018

"Found them."

Cassandra slapped the desk with her palm. Sam, Steve, and Natasha looked up.

"Where are they?" Steve asked
"Edinburgh."
"Cute," Natasha muttered.

•••••••••••••••

Cassandra heard the breaking of glass, and rushed to the noise. The window of a diner was broken, and there was a small spot of blood on the linoleum floor.

"Cass, they're in the subway!" Natasha's voice said over the comm.
"Copy."

Cassandra ran through the empty street, finding the stairs down to the subway. Running down them two steps at a time, she leapt over the ticket machines, and eventually ran into Natasha. They ran into the area where the trains were, spotting Wanda, Vision, and Steve. Sam quickly flew in from another entrance and slammed into one of the aliens. Natasha ran at one the aliens. Steve threw one of their staffs at Natasha, who caught it and slid on her knees, cutting the back of the alien's knee. Natasha stabbed it through the stomach.

Cassandra saw another one sprinting at Natasha, spear aimed at her head. Cassandra rolled behind Natasha, swiping batons off her back, clicking them into a staff. Her staff met with the spear, and the alien glared at her. Cassandra kicked their shin, and slipped a knife from her side, and swiped it at their arm. They shoved the spear at her face, Cassandra fumbling to block it. Sam flew in, kicking them away from her and Natasha. The alien slid next to the one Natasha had stabbed. Sam aimed guns at them, Cassandra pointing the satff that wasn't really her's at them. Steve and Natasha watched them closely.

"Get up," they said to the one who'd been stabbed, who responded with, "I can't."
"We don't wanna kill you. But we will," Natasha said.
"You'll never get the chance again," they hissed.

Blue light surrounded the two aliens, as they were beamed up to somewhere, the spear that was now in Steve's possession floated up with them.

The four of them ran to Wanda and Vision. There was a stab wound in Vision's stomach, which she didn't think could happen.

"Can you stand?" Sam asked.

Vision nodded, and they helped him up. Electricity shimmered over Vision.

"Thank you, Captain," Vision's voice glitching. Steve nodded.
"Let's get you on the jet," Cassandra said.

••••••••••••••••

Cassandra sat next to Wanda on the quinjet.

"Are you alright?" Cassandra whispered. Wanda nodded.

Cassandra looked over at Vision, laying down on the medical table set in the quinjet. They were going back to the compound, where they hadn't been in two years. She knew that Secretary Ross, and ya know, most of the world governments, were still after them, but they needed help. More help than two ex- Russian assassins, a super soldier, and a man with wings could give them.

Cassandra stood up, walking over to the cockpit, where Sam was flying. She sat in the chair next to him, staring at the city below. New York City appeared below them, and Cassandra felt a smile creeping up on her face. After two years, of running, hiding, never being in one place for longer than a month, she was back where she'd started. She was back in the city she'd been taken, where she'd met her brother again, after almost twenty years. She was back where she met Peggy, she was back where she watched aliens rip a whole through the sky. Part of her felt happy to be home. Part of her was scared, of what happened to Vision, of what she knew would come next.

"Have you told Rhodey we're coming back?" Sam asked, waking her from her thoughts.
"I will go do that now," she said, standing up.

••••••••••••••••••

"That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that," Rhodey's voice echoed from down the hall.
"

You have second thoughts?" Secretary Ross asked.
"Not anymore."

They walked entered the meeting room, Sam and Cassandra holding up Vision.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve said.
"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." The old man snarled.
"You could use some of that right now," Cassandra said, staring at the hologram of the man.
"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?"

Cassandra opened her mouth, stepping forward, but Steve stuck and arm in front of her. She frowned, and adjusted the shoulder she had under Vision's arm.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight," Steve stepped forward. "And if you wanna stand in our way, we'll fight you, too."

The hologram turned to Rhodey, and ordered,

"Arrest them."
"All over it," Rhodey swept the hologram away, the computer beeped twice. He turned to face the group."That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap."

Steve gave Rhodey a hug, replying,

"You too, Rhodey."

Natasha and Cassandra got their own hugs, Sam got a handshake, Wanda and Vision did too.

"Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years." Rhodey remarked.
"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star," Sam said.

Cassandra looked at Vision, who nodded. She let go of him carefully, and walked to Natasha. She looked past Rhodey and Steve, noticing movement in the darker part of the room across from them. Cassandra's eyes widened as that person stepped out of the shadows. She felt Natasha's hand grab her's quickly, and she looked to her with wide eyes.

"Bruce." Cassandra whispered. He shot her a small smile, before letting the rest of the group know he was there.

"Uh, I think you look great."

omg an update!!
it's been forever, but we're into the movie now, woo hooo!!
don't be afraid to vote, comment all that jazz, if you're comfortable with that, i promise i don't bite!
ily guys❤-

omg an update!!it's been forever, but we're into the movie now, woo hooo!! don't be afraid to vote, comment all that jazz, if you're comfortable with that, i promise i don't bite! ily guys❤-