• SIX •

2018

2018

Cassandra stood outside with Sam and her brother. Up in the building above them, Bruce and King T'Challa's sister, Princess Shuri, were hopefully working on getting the stone out of Vision before Thanos go to them. She stared out into the fields, seeing the once invisible barrier ripple. As she opened her mouth to them, James tapped her and Sam, pointing at the sky. A ship was hurtling towards that barrier above them at full speed. Sam reached his finger to his ear, speaking to the others in the building, while not taking his eyes off the sky.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here."

The barrier lit up blue when the ship smashed into it, exploding and sending debris around the barrier. Cassandra saw Rhodey fly past the, as James muttered,

"God, I love this place."

Rhodey flew over them, and his voice crackled in his ear

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome."

Cassandra took a deep breath, watching shock waves and debris light acres of forest on fire and push up against the barrier. Cassandra pulled the rifle from her back, bringing it up to her shoulder and pressing her cheek against the end of the gun. Squinting into the scope she saw a ship in the midst of burning trees. A flash of movement caught her eye, put a hand around her waist pulled her away before she could find out what it was.

Natasha let go of Cassandra's waist, instead grabbing her hand and leading her towards a carrier hovering a foot off the ground. James and Steve stood behind them, along with Okoye, the Dora Milaje, and a group of other Wakandan soldiers. Cassandra jolted forward when the carrier went into the fields. Sam and Rhodey flew overhead, both the men casting a shadow over the carrier, which seemed appropriate for the given situation.

Loud footsteps approached behind her, shaking the ground below. Cassandra looked back and saw what appeared to be a giant version of Tony's suit. It was Bruce, probably. She wasn't sure until she heard Natasha ask Bruce a question.

"How we looking, Bruce?"

Bruce was jogging next to the carriers, easily keeping up with them. She could feel how delighted the man was, and she thought if she tried hard enough she could hear him laughing out of joy through the suit.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it," he said. "Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually," he tripped on a rock, falling face first into the grass. Okoye gave him an unimpressed look as the carrier went passed him. He stood back up, and kept going. "I'm okay. I'm okay," he said.

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey said, flying above them.

The carriers tilted into U-turns, letting the soldiers slide over the side and run. They stopped next to another tribe, King T'Challa speaking to the leader. The other warriors, the Jabari, as she'd heard them be called, began chanting.

King T'Challa, Natasha, and Steve walked to the edge of the barrier. Cassandra stayed behind with James, Okoye and Bruce. The soldiers stood behind them and beside them, moving into a battle stance. Cassandra watched as the alien lady from Edinburgh drew a line with her sword around the barrier.

The three returned, Natasha standing next to Cassandra, and Steve walking up next to James. James turned to Steve, a dark look on his face.

"Did they surrender?"
"Not exactly."

T'Challa lead the warriors into a war cry, watching grimly as the aliens ran towards the barrier. Cassandra watched the almost happy look on the alien woman's face as she lowered her sword and stood back as all the aliens sprinted at the barrier.

"Looks like we pissed her off," Natasha said quietly.

Okoye watched, horrified as the aliens hit the force-field, shoving through barrier, only to be bisected and killed.

"They're killing themselves," she whispered.

A few of them managed to squeeze through without being cut into pieces. The Border Tribe, went on a knee, raising their shields. The Kingsguard behind them, resting their sonic spears on their shoulders. On T'Challa's command, shot at the aliens.

Steve and T'Challa ran at full speed towards the incoming aliens. Natasha and Cassandra sprinted towards them, James catching up behind them. Cassandra froze, picking up her gun and firing at the creatures. They looked like space dogs, but without fur, and bigger, much bigger teeth. Which was terrifying.

Sam and Rhodey where fighting up above them, Redwing blasting the aliens into oblivion. Rhodey flew over the biggest group of aliens and dropped a barrage of mines, lighting up all of the aliens, and almost getting Cassandra.

Cassandra turned to notice a group the them starting to run around the barrier, the the right of where the fight was.

"Steve, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision," Cassandra said, feeling her heart drop as she spoke.

There would be nothing between them and Vision.

well hello there (general kenobi)
so i changed my mind, i think the next chapter will probably have the Snap in it, hooray. also, i would not advise writing fight scenes cause it's hard, and i hate it.
but yay i finally updated!!
alright i love you more than peggy loved angie, have a fantastic rest of your day❤-

but yay i finally updated!!alright i love you more than peggy loved angie, have a fantastic rest of your day❤-