• FIVE •

2018

2018

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asked.
And they can clearly find us," Cassandra added, looking up from the floor.
"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asked Natasha.
"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest."
"Who's Scott?"
"Ant-Man," Cassandra responded, a small smile on her face at the look of confusion in Bruce's eyes.
"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man? Okay, look. Thanos has the biggest army in the universe. And he is not gonna stop until he, he gets, Vision's Stone."
"Well then, we have to protect it." Natasha said.
"No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps, its molecular integrity could fail," Vision said, looking to Wanda.
"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation," she said.
"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it," he argued.
"That's too high a price."

Vision's took Wanda's face in his hands, before saying,

"Only you have the power to pay it," Wanda walked away, visibly in distress. "Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him."
"But it should," Steve added, looking up at Vision. "We don't trade lives, Vision."
"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Why is this any different?" Vision asked.

Cassandra walked over to Wanda, gently taking her hand. She nodded to the younger woman, hoping that Wanda could her saying everything would be ok in her mind.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. J.A.R.V.I.S., Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another," Bruce said.
"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda spoke, pulling Cassandra with her when she stepped forward.
"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."
"Can we do that?" Cassandra asked, looking at Vision and trying to figure out how that would work.
"Not me. Not here."
"You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back," Rhodey warned.
"I know somewhere," Steve said after thinking for a moment.

•••••••••••••••••

Cassandra followed behind Steve and Natasha, fidgeting with one of the knives in her sleeve. She knew she was going to see James, and even though she'd gone decades without even remembering him, she was nervous. Almost afraid. She smiled slightly when she heard Bruce asking Rhodey if he was supposed to bow. They weren't, but Bruce didn't need to know that.

"Should we bow?"
"Yeah, he's a king," Cassandra and Rhodey whispered.

They stepped out of the quinjet. Cassandra smiled at King T'Challa, nodding as Steve shook his hand.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve said.

Bruce dropped down onto one knee, awkwardly bowing. Rhodey lightly hit him on the shoulder,  whispering,

"What are you doing?"
"Uh, we don't do that here."

Cassandra looked to Natasha, both the women holding in a laugh.

"So how big of an assault can we expect?" He asked, the group beginning to walk into the building facing them.
"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault," Bruce said quietly.
"How we looking?" Natasha asked.
"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and-" T'Challa was cut off.
"A semi-stable, 100-year-old man," James finished.

Cassandra smiled happily as Steve and James shared a hug. She stuck behind with James as he joined them, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. He turned her to face him, giving her a tight hug and lifting her off her feet, just like when they were little. A smirk slowly appeared on his face, Cassandra pointing a finger at him.

"James Barnes, don't you dare-"
"How've you been doll?"
"James Buchanan Barnes you'll be the death of me," she sighed, crossing her arms.

James smiled and chuckled, putting an arm around her and pulling them after the rest of the team.

finally updated!!
this chapter is short, so sorry, but i don't want to write this  chapter anymore for fear of making it, suck.
also i think that 847 words is a solid chapter, for not updating for like two weeks.
the next chapter will be longer, and probably emotionally intense, we'll see where i decide to put the snap. also it's a fight scene, yay.
it might also be the best because most scripts aren't very descriptive and i can't watch infinity war anymore because it makes me too sad for the rest of the day.
alright that's it, ily more than deke loves lemons!!-