• TWO •

2017

2017

Cassandra waited at the train station, far away from the security guards, and the cameras. She pushed the dark glasses up over her eyes, and untucked her newly dyed black hair from her ear.

"Come on Nat, where are you," she whispered quietly to herself. "Your train got here five minutes ago."

She crossed her arms, tapping her foot on the concrete. Suddenly she felt hands on her shoulders, and she flipped around, hands going down to the knife in the waistband of her pants. It took her a moment to figure out who had touched her, but she recognized the smirk on the woman under the sweatshirt hood.

"Oh Nat, merci Dieu."
"Schön dich auch zu sehen Cass."

The reports that were looking for them stated that they, primarily just Cassandra and Natasha, reverted to Russian when they couldn't speak English. So they'd come up with an idea.

Each person on their team would speak a different language. (It had to be one that everyone in the group understood.) So they could speak to each other without getting caught. This was the first time they had tested it though, since besides from now, Sam was really the only person who went anywhere, as he said that he was the least recognizable.

Cassandra wrapped her arms around Natasha quickly, and the pair began to walk to the parking garage without another word. Once they got into the car that she totally hadn't taken from someone who wasn't looking, and began to drive away, they spoke English again.

"I love the hair," Cassandra said.
"Thanks. I'm surprised it didn't fall out, cause we had to use a lot of bleach."
"We?"
"Yelena helped me, she did ok, kinda just read the box and put stuff in my hair."
"Oh."

They sat in quiet the rest of the ride, but when they were walking down the hallway to the room the trio was staying in, Natasha asked,

"Is there anything I should know, about like, them?"
"Well," Cassandra thought. "Oh, Sam threw one of my knives out the window, so he is forever in my debt, and Steve is growing a beard and has a bad-boy complex, ready?"

Before she could answer, Cassandra stuck the key in the lock, and opened the door. She didn't see either of the two men, but she heard someone call out from a different room,

"Who's there!?"
"The woman you're forever in debt to, and Madame Black Widow!" She said, setting her key on the counter, and tossing her hat and jacket onto a chair.

Sam came out of the room he was in, nodding at Cassandra, before smiling at Natasha and going in for a hug.

"Hey Sam," Natasha said.

Steve followed after Sam, and stuck his hand out for Natasha to shake, since he knew she wasn't much of a touchy person, but she wrapped her arms tightly around him, to which he looked at Cassandra with a shocked expression.

"I missed you guys," she said, letting go.
"We missed you too," Steve said. "Cass was worried sick."
"Was not!" Natasha semi-glared at her. "Ok maybe a little bit," she shrugged.

Natasha followed Cassandra into her room, glancing at the small mattress they'd found at a garage sale not to long ago.

"If you're worried about bed bugs, don't worry. We checked it multiple times. If you don't want to sleep on someone else's mattress though, then we can share a bed."
"It's not the weirdest thing we've ever done," Natasha shrugged.
"Good point, and if you won't kick me in your sleep, we won't have a problem."
"Well as long as you don't do that creepy sleep laugh you do, then it's a deal."
"That was one time!"
"Yeah, one time too many," Natasha mumbled.

Cassandra kicked the mattress further away from them, and set Natasha's small backpack on the floor.

"I know it's kinda been a while, but do you know how Coulson's doing?" Natasha asked, sitting down on the bed.
"No, I haven't heard from him, or May. Last thing she told me was that they'd just destroyed a psychotic humaniod, robot lady, sounded a lot like Ultron. But then she never spoke to me again."
"Hm."

hello my guys, gals, and non-binary pals!!
so, i'm gonna first say that some of these chapters will be a little shorter than usual, and that's purely because i'm trying to keep the quality good.
secondly, i'm trying to make this book bigger by adding more fillers than usual, since steve, sam, and nat barely show up in infinity war, so there will be maybe one more of these,  and then we'll get into the movie!!
also, um, endings aren't my best, as you could probably maybe tell, but i am, trying. ok, love you❤-

 ok, love you❤-