• SEVEN •

2018

2018

"He's here," Vision said quietly.

The wind picked up, everything going silent. It was almost as if there was no battle happening outside the woods. Almost as if Thor hadn't just came to help, them and Wanda hadn't just killed a few hundred aliens at once. Steve came up behind Cassandra, lifting his finger to his ear and speaking,

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming."

Natasha, T'Challa, Sam, Okoye, and Bruce joined them, and she was sure they could feel it too. In the middle of the trees, black and blue clouds of energy formed, and Cassandra felt her heart drop into her stomach.

"Cap. That's him."

"Eyes up. Stay sharp."

Thanos walked out of the portal, taking in everything he was seeing. She saw a gold gauntlet around his hand, with glittering stones in the details. There was one spot missing, and Cassandra knew which one it was. She moved to stand in front of Wanda and Vision, pulling her knives out of her sleeves.

Bruce lunged at Thanos, fist first. A blue hue surrounded Bruce and he was pushed into a cliff, becoming a part of it. Cassandra shifted her weight back, ready to protect the two behind her. Steve launched himself at Thanos, but was stopped in the air and thrown into a tree. She looked back at Wanda and Vision, who were hugging each other tightly. Vision met eyes with Cassandra, and she nodded back to him.

T'Challa's armor was glowing purple when he jumped at Thanos, but she winced when he was easily grabbed by the throat and thrown aside. Thanos kept walking closer and with each step, Cassandra got more worried. Sam flew above them, but a red hue darker than Wanda's rendered his wings useless, and tossed him into the bushes.

"Wanda. It's time," she heard Vision say behind her.

Cassandra felt Wanda's magic push her forward ever so slightly. She looked over her shoulder, to see Wanda's magic aimed at the stone in Vision's head. The world felt like it was going in slow motion as Rhodey fired at Thanos, which didn't do anything. His armor was crushed, and he was tossed aside.

James ran in firing, and she felt her stomach drop when the gauntlet glowed purple and he was punched away. Okoye tossed her spear at him, and directed both her and the spear behind a tree. Shards of dirt were pulled out of the ground and dropped over Natasha, pinning her to the ground. Groot, one of Thor's new friends, wrapped Thanos with cables of roots, which seemed to be getting him for a bit, but he broke out in seconds. Cassandra looked at Wanda, making eye contact with her. She knew Wanda could hear inside her head as she felt a tear roll down her cheek.

It's going to be ok. It's going to be ok, Wanda we can do this. We'll get out of this, I promise. I will protect you.

While Thanos was still distracted with the roots, Cassandra ran at him, and punched him in the stomach, and jumped up to kick him in the chin. She grabbed the gauntlet, pulling his fingers away from eachother. She pulled a knife quickly from her side and stabbed it into his arm. Cassandra tried to get one of the stones out, still looking up at Thanos. He looked almost impressed with her, but it wasn't enough. He grabbed the knife from his hand and stabbed it in her stomach. She screamed and collapsed onto the ground.

She felt herself be shoved into tree as she tried to keep her eyes open. She saw Steve and James standing over her. They pulled her gently against the tree sitting her up. They both looked battered, when she was able to see straight, she tried standing up. James grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back down.

"Stay right there Cass," he said, resting a hand on her shoulder.

She felt more tears, which might've come from the fact that she had a knife in her stomach, or because this was incredibly overwhelming and her friend was dying, fall down her face. Cassandra couldn't see what happened, but she felt Steve and James crouch over her, forming a shield. A wave of gold energy exploded around them, pushing her human shields away from her.

Then silence. Uncomfortable, bone chilling silence. Then a green glow from where Wanda was. The golden wave blew back into them, knocking her onto her side. Wanda screamed, and was tossed over the bushes next to them, and landed on the ground, before going still. She couldn't see what else happened, but she saw Thor fly into Thanos and stab him with his new axe.

The noise of metal on metal, then blinding white light. When the light disappeared, she stood herself up, and limped to Thor. Thanos was nowhere in sight, and neither was Steve or James.

"What, Thor, where'd he go, what happened."

James walked in front of her, like something was wrong. He stopped.

"Cass-" he turned to dust and collapsed to the ground.

Cassandra dropped to her knees, speechless. She touched the dust gently. Her eyes grew heavy, her arms and legs were weak. She pulled her hand away from the stab wound on her stomach, and saw blood, lots of blood dripping down her stomach and onto the ground. Her vision slowly began to fade and she saw someone kneel down next to her.

"Cassandra come on. Hold on, keep your eyes open," it was Steve.
"I'm sorry."

fun times folks-
i feel like this chapter was pretty good, there's a good amount of words. also this made me sad to write.
anways, love you all, oh and thank you for 700❤