Chapter 19: The Endgame

My back hit the cold, hard ground, and I groan in pain. I turn over, coughing, trying to get air I'm lacking at the moment. I look around and find myself in the sewer system. I then hear Clint yelling my name, and I yell, "over here!"

His footsteps get closer, and soon enough he was helping me up. He asks, "Are you okay?" I nod, asking him the same thing, when he nods in response as well. I look to my left, finding the gauntlet on the ground, not crushed or anything.

Clint and I both here rustle from farther down in the sewer, and I grab my swords while Clint holds up his bow in the direction. He grabs one of his arrows, with a light on the end, shooting it in the direction we heard the noise. The light showed us alien creatures and I sigh and whisper, "Chitauri."

"Damn," Clint sighs in response.

"We have to get the gauntlet out of here," I say. Clint was already grabbing the gauntlet ready to run.

"You think," he says sarcastically. We both ran the other direction as fast as we could, but the aliens were catching up. I slash them with my sword and Clint hits them with his arrows. Clint then hit three arrows on the wall, making a fire wall, stopping them for a second, but not fully.

"Give me your hand," Clint says, and I grab his wrist, as he grabs mine. He uses his arrow to help pull us up towards the hole in the ceiling to get out of the sewers. I stab and slice the aliens that somehow made their way up towards up.

We ended up making it to the opening, and Clint sent down another arrow, making the aliens explode, killing them. "I hate aliens," I say under my breath, collapsing against the wall, trying to catch my breath as Clint lays down on the ground, clutching the gauntlet.

Nebula walks towards Clint and he says, "Oh, hey- I know you." Clint hands her the gauntlet, and Nebula puts her hands up to her ear.

"Father," she says, and my eyes widen, and Clint sits up. I take out my gun, but Nebula shoots it out of my hand. Clint tries to get up, but Nebula puts her foot onto his chest, pointing a gun at him.

That's when a green girl comes in, who I believe is Gamora from Nebula's descriptions. "Stop," she says, pointing a gun at Nebula.

"You're betraying us?" Nebula says, continuing to point her gun at Clint. Then from another corner, there is another Nebula? The first Nebula points her gun at the second Nebula. Clint then crawls over to me, looking equally as confused.

"Do you understand what's happening right now?" Clint whispers to me.

"I don't understand anything anymore," I respond with, looking between the two Nebula's and the dead girl. I was trying to process everything while they were talking, and I just ignored their conversation. I know at the end, the second Nebula shoots the first Nebula because she was going to shoot Gamora.

I then get up, and grab my swords, pointing it at the alive Nebula and Gamora. "I don't really know what to do right now, because I have no idea what just happened," I say. Gamora and Nebula explain how Gamora is from the past, and Thanos is also back.

We then ran out of the rumble and the remains of the Avengers Headquarters. I see the Wakanda warriors and so many more fighters here, fighting Thanos' army. Clint and I ran through the fight, making sure that no one would even be able to look at the gauntlet.

This whole time I was looking for someone, Sam, Bucky, Wanda, Pietro. Mostly Wanda and Pietro. "Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Clint says through the comms that are now suddenly working.

"Get those stones as far away as possible," Steve says.

"No!" I hear Bruce say. "We need to get them back where they came from."