Chapter 5: Life Or Death

We all run towards the barrier and T'Challa opens a small section in the barrier, letting the aliens in. Cap, T'Challa, and I all take the lead in running, since we all have enhanced abilities, while Pietro was already there fighting these dog-like creatures.

I tightened my grip on my swords when I was closer to these things and took a deep breath. Here we go. I swing my sword to the aliens, chopping off his arms that were trying to grab me. I stabbed the one in the stomach, that was trying to grab my feet, while slicing off another one's head.

Even with everyone fighting, we were understaffed. I look to my left, finding Pietro under 5 aliens. I yelled out his name, running towards him, taking down as many aliens as I could before my left hand was scratched, making my sword fly out of my hand towards the floor 10 feet away from me.

"There's too many!" I yell in the comns, slicing off its two legs, making it unable to walk. I then was trapped by 3 alien dogs, and I tried to fight my way through, but there was no hope. I believed it was it, but I was determined to fight till my last breath, and to make sure Pietro was all right.

I then heard a loud thud, and the whole ground shook. Soon enough, what looked like a lightening ax, flew over me, killing the aliens that were attacking me. I smile, and look up, seeing Thor, with short hair, catching the ax, a raccoon and a tree. "What's up with everyone and these entrances?" I mumble to myself, smirking as now we have an even better chance than before.

"Bring me Thanos!" Thor yells, and runs into battle. I get up again, slicing, kicking, stabbing anything not from this Earth in my way. No alien was around me, so I took a second to take a deep breath, and center my mind again.

I hear growling and large footsteps from behind me. I turned around, having my sword ready to decapitate it but I was too late. I see the all too familiar blue blur from behind it, and I smirk. Pietro uses my sword to slice off his head, and the alien falls to the ground.

He looks at me and winks, and I roll my eyes. Of course during a life or death situation, he's flirting. He throws me my sword, which I catch. He smirks, and speeds off, leaving a road of unconscious aliens behind him.

I kept fighting, for what felt like hours, which it probably was when I met back to back with Natasha. We were about to fight each other until we realised who we are. We use this to fight back to back, and knock out more of the competition.

I see an alien behind Okoye, so I grab my knife out of my boot, throwing it at the alien at the perfect spot, making him dead. I retrieve it back with my ring, landing perfectly in my hand. She looks back at me and smiles.

Then we all felt a rumble, like an earthquake, and I saw something coming out of the ground. They sent 5 of these contraptions with spikes our way that could easily crush hundreds of us.

I see Pietro moving anyone in the way of them as best as he could, but there were too many of them. They were approaching us, so I turned my back, getting ready for the impact to hit me, but was surprised when it didn't.

I then see Wanda with her red eyes holding up these I assume heavy wheels. She sends them next to us, crushing hundreds of aliens that were approaching us. "Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asks, spinning her spear around.

"Wanda, you need to get back to Vision," I yelled, taking down another alien.

"You obviously need me," she says, and I look at her and she smirks. "Shuri is almost done, I'll be up there to destroy it once she is finished." She manages to say that with easy taking down 10 aliens at a time with her powers.

We continue to fight with all we can, but I grew tired. It's been a while since I, since we all have fought for so hard this long. I was being backed up towards the barrier, and I knew it could kill me, so I tried to avoid it as much as I could, but that didn't seem like it was going to work.