Chapter 10: Lost

We made our way to the ship, and it was amazing. There were just enough seats for everyone, so I sat next to Thor, with Natasha in front of me. "Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket says and Natasha, Steve, Rhodey and I'll raise our hands. "You better not throw up on my ship."

I gulp in fear, and Nebula says, "Approaching jump in 3...2...1!" I grip the seats armchair and watch as space rapidly paces us. It was beautiful and terrifying at the same time, not knowing what could be out here.

We approached the plant, and Carol exits the ship and hovers in front of the ship. "I'll head down for recon," she says through the comms. I stayed in my seat, just sitting down, thinking while playing with my hands.

"You scared?" Natasha asks, sitting in the seat next to me.

"No," I say. "We'll bring them back, I know it."

"Why do you say that?" Natasha asks.

"If you don't think that you will, it's never going to happen. So, we will bring them back," I say, looking up towards her. Carol eventually comes back, floating in front of the spaceship to give us an update.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him," she says.

"And that's enough," Nebula says, still in the pilot seat. We landed outside of his house, where we saw him enter, and I can feel my anger growing, and my passion to win growing as well.

We stayed by the door, and Hulk, or Hulkbuster diggs under the house. "Go," Steve says softly to Carol, and she nods back. She then bust through the house, and I can see the light coming through.

I saw Thor then fly in, and I couldn't see, but I could hear the slice of flesh, and I knew he cut off the gauntlet. That gave Steve, Natasha, Rocket and I the cue to go in. I see Thanos in pain, and internally I'm smiling, glad that he feels even the slightest of pain I felt, but kept a straight face.

Rocket steps over to Thanos hand that was now detached to his body, and flipped it over, but it doesn't reveal the infinity stone.s "Oh no," Rocket says, looking up.

"Where are they?" Steve questioned.

"Answer the question," Carol says, squeezing his neck a little harder.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation," Thanos says.

"You killed trillions!" Bruce says in anger, and pushes Thanos down to the ground.

"You should be thankful," Thanos says, and in response Bruce punches him again.

"Where are the stones?" Natasha says, tearing up.

"Gone, reduced to atoms," he says, and my heart drops. This can't be it. They can't just be gone.

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce yells at him.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be," Thanos says, sitting up straighter. "I am... inevitable." That was it. I kicked him in the nose, making him fall back. I was about to punch him just like a punching bag before Steve pulled me back.

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he has to be lying," Rhodey says.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them," Nebula says.

"Ah, thank you daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly," Thanos says, and Nebula obviously looked very uncomfortable. Then suddenly, Thor's stormbreaker slices off Thanos' head, and it rolls on the ground.

"What...what did you do?" Rocket questions, staring in disbelief.

"I went for the head," Thor says, broken. We all stood there for a second, looking at what just happened, until my emotions got the best of me, and I stormed out of the room. I went outside, and I saw a stand, holding Thanos armor.

I walked up to it, and kicked it down. The helmet rolls off, and I walk over to it, and start stomping on it as hard as I could. I flatten it like a pancake, and Natasha walks over to me, grabbing my hand stopping me.

She was crying. I've never seen this side of her. She knows they aren't coming back. She looks broken. It is the first time she isn't taking out her feelings on fighting or arguing, but crying. I embrace her in a hug, and I start crying too. We were all in pain, not knowing what to do now.

Everyone is gone, forever, and there is nothing we can do about it.

We lost, and I don't know what to do.