Chapter 21: Epilogue

8 YEARS LATER

I heard something drop downstairs, which echoed through the house, followed by a whisper, which jolted me awake. I look to my left, not finding Pietro in his usual spot on our bed.

I quickly got out of bed, grabbing my loaded gun on my bedside table. Call me paranoid, I don't care. I don't need Pietro being kidnapped again. I made my way slowly down to the stairs of the house we have been living in for 7 years now.

I heard whispering coming from the kitchen, and I took a peek, finding Pietro and our kids, Natalia Rae or Nat, our 18 month baby, and Leo Kai, our 3 year old. I sigh, every bad situation leaving my head and I put my gun into the back of my pants.

I walk in the kitchen finding them making food. "Good morning everyone," I say, making everyone's attention go to me.

"Momma," my baby girl says, reaching her hands up to me as she sat on the counter.

"Happy mother's day!" Pietro and Leo say at the same time. I smile, and Pietro comes over to me, giving me a quick kiss. I turn away from the kids, taking the gun out of my pants, handing it to Pietro so he can speed it up back to my room, and come back so the kids don't suspect anything.

"We are making pancakes, and we're gonna give it to you in bed, but someone pushed the pan off the counter," Pietro says, ruffling Nat's hair, making her giggle.

"Thank you," I say because of the thoughtful idea, and also for the gun. Pietro and I aren't a part of that world anymore, though we told anyone if anything bad happens, we will always be there to help. Leo knows about us, not much Nat, but I don't need them knowing we have guns in the house.

I pick up Nat from his spot, kissing her chubby cheeks and place her on my hip. She doesn't do much yet, since she's so little, but everyone knows she's a daddy's girl. I go to Leo, and he hugs me tightly, almost suffocating me. He definitely reminds me of his father. Caring, yet hot-headed. His tantrums are the worst.

Pietro continues to make the pancakes and bacon while Leo tells me the difference between his red car and blue car. I don't even think I know they were that many differences.

We ended up eating all the pancakes and Leo complained that he wanted more, but we were out of the pancake mix. The morning consisted of cuddles, movies, watching Leo build up a tower then knocking it down and trying to get Nat to say some words.

Leo pulls me out to the backyard, while Pietro goes to put down Nat for her nap. "Mommy, mommy, look what I can do," he says, pulling me out on the deck. He goes into the yard, and I lean against the railing prepared for what he's about to do. "You know how Daddy can go super super fast?"

"Yes," I say, wondering what he has to do with this. He then gets to his spot, and then he is gone. My eyes widened when I saw the familiar blue blur going around the whole backyard.

I hear the door open from behind me, and Pietro says, "Oh my god. He's a speedster." Suddenly Pietro sped away from my side, and Leo was on Pietro's shoulders in front of me. They both had the biggest smile on their faces, and Pietro repeats, "HE'S A SPEEDSTER!"

"Oh my. Another one? I don't know, Leo seemed pretty slow to me," I joke, making Leo gasp. I grab him off of Pietro shoulders, kissing his cheeks, making him squirm out of my arms because he doesn't like kisses.

Leo kept speeding around the backyard, and I was sitting on the desk steps with Pietro. "This is crazy," he says, looking at his son proudly.

"Tell me about it," I say. "He's becoming just like you."

"That would be a nightmare," Pietro jokes, and I nod in agreement. He nudges me slightly, and then wraps his arm around my waist kissing me. "I love you and our family."

"Me too," I say. "Life is perfect with you. I wouldn't want it any other way."

A/N: Thank you for reading my story!!