Chapter 20: No Worries

We were now going through the rubble of the destroyed building, tending to our wounded, and lucky not many had fatal injuries. I was searching around, trying to get as many stuff as I could find.

In the corner of my eye, I see an electric blue glow under the rubble. My mind first went to one of the infinity stones, but I wasn't exactly sure. I walked over to the place, lifting up the heavy cement that was overtop of the object that was glowing.

I grunted, finally getting the heavy cement off of it. What I saw in the remaining dust stung my eyes with tears, but I pushed them back. I cried enough. This is a victory, even though it cost us greatly.

I picked up the electric batons, shaking the dust off of them. I sat down on the wall that I just pulled off to get theses, taking it all in. We got them back, but no one stays forever. I need to make sure no one else leaves because of a sacrifice. Natasha deserved better, but that is what she needed to do, and we both know that.

Pietro whooshes behind me, and I feel his chest against my back, his scent of wood and sweat overtaking me. "Hey," he says gently, kissing my cheek. Every chance one of us could, we were having some type of affection going on, whether it was a kiss, hug or just a slight hand squeeze. "Aren't those Natasha's? Where is she anyways?"

Tears build up in my eyes again, and barely audible, I say, "she's gone." I hear Pietro's breath stopping for a second before wrapping his arms around me. I put the batons to my side, leaning into his touch, holding his arms closer to me.

We sat here for what felt like hours, just in each other's embraces. Occasionally Pietro would kiss my forehead, cheek, neck, whispering how everything will be okay, or how much he loves me. I forgot how much I miss being held, being told everything will be alright instead of the other way around, especially for him.

Wanda walked up to us and said, "Dr. Strange is giving everyone portals to wherever they need. Pepper said we could stay at the Avengers Tower until we get a place of our own." Her eyes were red, and not from her powers, but from crying. We agree, and I let Pietro and Wanda walk off together, letting Pietro talk to Wanda, trying to comfort her.

I walk over to Dr. Strange, and thank him. Without him and his other wizard friends, this whole day would have ended a different way. He made a portal for Pietro, Wanda, Steve, Sam, Bucky, Clint and I, who were all staying at the Tower. Bruce was staying at Peppers to get something done, along with Rhodey.

It was a weird couple of days. Everyone was happy to have everyone back, and everyone was catching up, or at least the people who remembered the last 5 years. I was a little more closed off then everyone else, not likely my story and still grieving about Natasha and Tony.

Pepper invited all of us to go to a ceremony for Tony when something struck my mind. What the hell am I supposed to do for Natasha? It's not like we can bury her or anything like that, we don't have her body.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Maybe I can think of something when we get to Pepper's. I wore a black romper, with a black leather jacket that Natasha gave me once, or I stole from her, but don't tell her that. Everyone was going in groups in cars, and Steve offered to drive me, as well as Pietro and Wanda, but I wanted to drive up myself.

I was lucky enough to be able to use one of the motorcycles that was at the Tower, and I drove up. It was very calming. The familiar wind in my face, no worries, and just the road ahead of me. It let me think of what I wanted to do, where I want my life to be now. No worries.

We got to their house in the middle of nowhere, and it was very peaceful. There's a lake, along with the beautiful house, and it's just a huge hunk of land. I arrived a little after everyone else, and I walked into the house, seeing everyone in there.

I give Pepper a hug, and talk to little Morgan, who I just met for the first time. It is terrible how she will have to grow up without Tony, because she was Tony's everything. I say hi to Rhodey and Bruce, checking up on them, even talked to Ms. Parker and Peter when they got here.

Then Pepper made a little wreath with Tony's first reactor. We all walked out to the lake, where Pepper put the wreath on the lake, pushing it out. Pietro, Wanda, Bucky, Sam and I were huddled together, watching the wreath in silence.

I was holding Pietro's arm lightly, just trapped into my thoughts on how I could do something as meaningful for Natasha. I didn't notice the tear that slipped from my eyes until Pietro kissed my head, wiping it away with his finger.

Pietro and I were sitting at the edge of the lake while Wanda was talking to Clint. "This life seems so peaceful," I say to Pietro, and he nods in agreement.

"It seems like a good life," he adds. He then moves his whole body to face me and says, "Why don't we do this?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, taking my eyes off the lake and on him.

"Why don't we move into the middle of nowhere, have a big area of land and just be you and me. Plus little ones down the road," he says, with an adoring smile on his face. "I mean imagine it. Us living in an amazing house, looking out to the huge backyard watching our kids speed around."

"Let's hope our kids don't have superspeed," I say. "I can't even handle one speedster, I don't need anymore." This made us both laugh lightly. "Let's do it." Pietro's smile somehow grows, and he cups my face, pulling me into a kiss full of love and joy.

I don't think I will ever forget the way he would kiss. He is passionate, making sure that it was full of love, and you know it. "I love you," I mumble against his soft lips.

"I love you, princessa," he says, and pecks my list one more time.

Pietro and I were about to leave when I saw Steve walking towards us, wearing his suit walking towards the back of the lake. "Hey, I'll be right back. I'll meet you at the car," I say, kissing his cheek. He goes into the direction of the house while I go run up to Steve. "Hey, what are you doing?"

Steve turns around, and sighs in relief, "Hey, I was actually looking for you." He takes out an envelope, handing it to me.

"What's this?" I ask.

"All of Nat's stuff. We went off the grid, she put all of her valuables in this one place. Thought that you should have the address," Steve says, and I look at my name on the envelope. It says my name. "She said if something bad happened she wanted me to give that to you."

"Thank you," I say, giving him a hug. "Why are you suited up?"

"Getting the stones back," he says, and I nod. "Well, I'll see you soon."

"See you then," I say, shooting him a smile. I went back, meeting up with Pietro and Wanda, and we went back to Avengers Tower.