✰ 𝐨𝐧𝐞

EDWARD HOLLOWGATE WASN'T happy to see his best journalist leave for three weeks. In fact, he had refused to do what he knew other clubs had done, with making a back-up plan, if he ever found himself in a situation where he was watching his best in any area leave. In many ways, he was hoping that an offer for Marie to work with Manchester Evening News' Samuel Luckhurst was enough to keep Hannah in the club, even for the three weeks she had planned to be away, but it merely affected the journalist. The photographer, on the other hand, completely lost her cool.

"You cannot be serious, Edward." Marie scowled, eyes narrow as she stared down her boss. Hannah noticed how the Scot was far from stressed, though she was angry; arms crossed over her chest, while she was leaning against the filing cabinets of Edward's office. "I'd rather be spending three months down in the team's sweaty lockerroom alone with an actual snake, than to be working three weeks with Luckhurst."

Edward sighed, throwing a glance towards Hannah, in hopes of getting a reaction from the journalist. "Greenwood, I'm sorry — my hands are tied. The cases you'll be working needs a journalist."

"Dobber."

"That means idiot." Hannah shot in, doing her best to stifle a chuckle as she turned to look at Marie.

"You speak Scots?" Edward questioned, raising an eyebrow as he leaned back in his chair, letting his gaze flicker between the two girls. "At least I think it was Scots—,"

"I don't." Hannah shrugged. "There are a few languages she speaks, that I don't, but I've come to learn all the swear words and sarcastic remarks she makes in all of them."

"I'll work the cases alone, Hollowgate." Marie scoffed. "Now, please work your magic and give her a sweet deal to lure her back after those three weeks. I'm not, in any way, whatsoever, accepting to lose her to Chicago."

              The duo found themselves stuck in Edward's office for another thirty minutes, before a conference call saw him in the need to send them on their way. They walked the halls of the AON Training Complex in silence, enjoying the faint sound of the team laughing and having a good time echoing through the halls. Bastian and Morgan, the two new signings, had both settled well into the squad, something that brought a smile to anyone that could see the squad's dynamic.

Stopping on one of the buildings' skywalks, Marie found herself chuckling, eyes locked on where Ander, Juan, Wayne and Michael were joking around, occasionally throwing something at their teammates. "You sure you'll be able to leave this for three weeks?"

"Oh yes. It'll be liberating." Hannah chuckled, though sighing as her gaze danced around the squad. "My question is more concering you, because are you sure you will be able to survive this alone for three weeks?"

              "I've got Giggsy to lean on, I'll be fine." Marie rolled her eyes, though smiled as she turned to look at Hannah. "Besides, you know me. England's got nothing on Scotland, and I'm not accepting an offer where you've been pulling strings. Not for this, anyway."

              Hannah shrugged, smiling as she noticed how Marie was looking at Juan. The photographer and the Spanish midfielder had been smitten with one another from the moment he touched down in Manchester the year before, and though it had taken them nearly a year to confess their feelings, they were going strong. Hannah had always adored that with the two of them; the way he would only have eyes for Marie, and the happiness in everything when she spoke about him.

               Truth was, the journalist longed for a relationship like that herself. Spending her days in an apartment with herself and Marie having a bedroom each, and with her brother sleeping on her couch was not what she had in mind for herself in the long run.

              "Dinner's on me and Juan today."

              "No, I can't—,"

                "Fine, it's actually on Juan's dad, or whatever. We're taking you to Tapeo and Wine." Marie lifted her camera, snapping a few photos of the team working out. "Juan wants an explanation as to why you're leaving us."

              "It's not permanently."

               Marie chuckled, shaking her head. "Oh, trust me — I know, but then again, what really starts out permanent?"

✰ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ 🌊 ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ✰

liked by manchesterunited and othershannahhenderson wow i'm being spoiled 🤩 maybe i should be leaving more often, if this is the treatment i'll be recieving?tagged: juanmatagarcia, mariegreenwoodphotos

hannahhenderson wow i'm being spoiled 🤩
maybe i should be leaving more often, if this is
the treatment i'll be recieving?
tagged: juanmatagarcia, mariegreenwoodphotos

comments — tap to see all

mariegreenwoodphotos you ass, you will
not be leaving again. i mean, leaving me alone
with the whole squad for three weeks, all alone?
crime of the year, that's what it is.
hannahhenderson the offer to come with
me still stands. if you want to, of course

username is anyone else seeing juan and marie
being tagged—
username does this mean what we think
it means? if so, i might cry because that just
confirms juander won't happen

manchesterunited our favorite media duo really
got a spanish treat from our spanish midfield wizard
tonight! 🤩
anderherrera what am i to you?
username are they confirming juarie—
hannahhenderson tapeo & wine is absolutely
a recommendation for anyone visiting the city!

tapeoandwine we absolutely loved having you, all
three of you tonight! good luck in chicago, and hope
to see you again very soon!
username the restaurant supporting guests >

threelions more visits can be made after our visit
to chicago 😎 see you in a week, hannah!
hannahhenderson see you soon!

juanmatagarcia the wine cellar might need a solid
restocking, but i was my pleasure to treat you both
with a proper spanish meal tonight!
username can i get a greeting for my son?
hannahhenderson possible to send food with
me to chicago, or?
mariegreenwoodphotos the tallest trio really
did hit the town tonight 👏🏼
waynerooney you could have included me and
we could have been the tall quartet 😠
username juan are you leaving for villareal?

carras16 i'm just hoping this was for work
juanmatagarcia i can tell you it wasn't 😎
mariegreenwoodphotos it was to show
hannah what she'll miss out on with three
weeks in chicago 🤷🏻‍♀️

username holy shit that looks tasty—
hannahhenderson it definitely was! can
absolutely recommend you to visit this place!
tapeoandwine ❤️