✰ 𝐭𝐞𝐧

NEITHER WAYNE OR JORDAN seemed impressed as they joined Hannah for breakfast the following morning. The journalist had just broken the news of cast-members from the One Chicago–shows coming to a few training sessions, and though Wayne was not impressed, he seemed as if he thought it could be a hilarious sight. Jordan, on the other hand, did not seem ready to be training a group of actors. In fact, the Liverpool-player looked to be more than ready to get up and sit somewhere else.

"Jordan, sit." Wayne scoffed, watching as the younger midfielder once again sat down, shooting the older footballer a glare. "Tell us, Hannah. Do you know who will be there?"

                "Oh, I wish I knew. Everything Jules had to tell me, was that she assumed there would be at least one or two from each show, which means we could end up with three, we could end up with six, or we could end up with literally any number above that." Hannah shrugged, sipping her coffee, that was now lukewarm ( much to her disappointment ).

"I am very sure I do not want to stand by as some Americans come and make a fool of themselves for our training field." Jordan sneered, glaring from Hannah to Wayne, even though he was well aware neither one of them had made the decision. "Besides, didn't we come here to promote something and try to be productive? Or was that just something they used to get me along for the trip?"

               Hannah shrugged, still sipping her coffee. "I don't know. I'm here because I get paid."

               "I'm here because I get a break from Dean." Wayne admitted, though yelped as he was slapped across the arm. "I'm sorry, Hannah, but your brother — he's a lot. Besides, I hope you're okay with him not sleeping on your couch any more, because, let's face it; there's no way he's still living in that apartment when you return in three weeks."

              "Aiming at Marie throwing my brother out?"

               "Would you really be surprised?" Jordan questioned, an eyebrow raised as he leaned slightly over the table. "Don't they hate each other?"

"Sometimes I forget you two aren't siblings."

Hannah turned to see Gary standing there, making her chuckle. "Oh, come on — a certain Scottish person beggd for you say that, didn't she?" She turned back to her coffee, not even expecting an answer from the assistant manager.

               "Oh, God no." Gary exclaimed loudly, rolling his eyes, before sighing in defeat. "She actually paid me five quid to do it."

               "Can't say I'm surprised." Hannah muttered, huffing into her coffeecup before swallowing the last mouthful. "Now, if you'll excuse me, lads. I've got places to be, and things to see." The place she had to be, however, revealed itself to be her hotel–room, where she found herself watching re–runs of ' The Great British Bake–Off ' the next hour, while trying to figure out which of the cast–members it was possible could join the England–team for a few training sessions.

Sighing, she sent a text to Marie; hoping the Scottish photographer could be of any help, though sighing again as she got the reply saying both Marie and Dean were busy. They were, in fact, packing up Dean's belongings, preparing him for a potential move out of the girls' apartment, a move Marie had been pushing for a long time ?( Hannah too wanted to see him move out, though she had never had the intention of nearly kicking him out, like Marie had ).

               Hannah returned her focus to the screen, snorting as one of the contestants served a disaster of what she assumed was supposed to be an attempt at Adriano Zumbo's croquembouche. Though the pastry itself was a masterpiece, making it made good T.V, something Hannah could confirm as she chuckled her way through the episode. She could still feel the jetlag, though she knew ( and she was prepared ) it would be ten times worse when she travelled back to Enland. The screen of her phone lighting up distracted her from her thoughs, however, and she couldn't help but smile as she saw a text from Dean.

TEXT MESSAGES
COOLER THAN THE SPANISH AMIGOS ✌🏼
[ deano 🧤     /     marie 😡 ]

DEANO 🧤
hannah

DEANO 🧤
crap i can't pull out your name
the same way over text messages

DEANO 🧤
the team says hi, we all miss you
very very much. marie is currently
comforting a crying luke; he cries
because he misses you, obviously

HANNAH
marie copes with feelings?

DEANO 🧤
juan really has changed her, she
copes with feelings and she could
even look me in the eye and say she
wasn't kicking me out, just pushing
me to become an adult

MARIE 😡
that literally translates to get off
my porch you stupid stray. also,
i'm not comforting a crying luke.
juan is.

HANNAH
colour me surprised

DEANO 🧤
i could've sworn that's what i saw

DEANO 🧤
oh well, it doesn't matter. how's the
big states, the windy city?

HANNAH
well it's my second full day here, and
i consider myself lucky that one; the team
has a late practice today, and well, i don't
actually have to be there. i was thinking
i could go for a walk around the city

DEANO 🧤
i've got the locations for where the casts
of the three chicago–shows are filming,
would you want to go see them?

HANNAH
dean, i'd rather not have them remember
me from lurking around the set when they
come to play football with the team

MARIE 😡
no one said you'd be lurking around the set,
there are plenty of people who gather around
to watch shows be recorded. did you learn
nothing from my lecture about coronation street?

DEANO 🧤
we were both surprised that coronation street
was the theme of your lecture, i don't think
any of us actually remember what you talked
about

MARIE 😡 added JUAN 🎩 to the group.

MARIE 😡
juan, did you learn anything from my
coronation street lecture?

JUAN 🎩
no, sorry—

JUAN 🎩
i was texting promo tactics with dom
for tapeo & wine, but like i know a lot
about coronation street if that helps?

DEANO 🧤
uhm so anyway hannah did you want
the locations?

HANNAH
send what you have, and i'll see what i
end up doing. don't expect any pictures;
not until they arrive at the training pitch
with the team 😌