✰ 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

THE FOLLOWING DAYS, Hannah was the talk of the town. Taylor had raved to his cast–mates about the journalist who blurted out she had wanted to do Jesse Lee Soffer, though Jesse himself did not find the gossiping amusing at all. Instead, as they returned to the training field for their third ( and last ) day of practice with the national team, he sought out Hannah, after having out Patrick in the care of Nick and Colin. She seemed lost in her own thoughts, not even noticing how he approached, the dry grass crumbling underneath the soles of his football–boots.

"Hey."

Hannah looked up, looking directly into Jesse's bright, blue eyes. He was standing close, his hands in the pockets of his sweats, a Chicago Blackhawks jersey ( which had been gifted to him from the club, having his name on the back ) brightening up the colours among the cast of ' One Chicago ' as they got ready for their last day of practice with the British footballers.

                 "Hey Jesse." She smiled, returning her focus to the camera in her hands. Though the silence fell between them, and Gary was shouting for everyone to get ready, Jesse didn't leave, causing Hannah to look at him again. "Gary's not going to be particularily happy with either you or me, so I'd suggest you get going, Hotshot."

Jesse grinned, though nodded, about to walk away when he once again stopped, looking at the journalist in front of him. "Look, I have respect for your answer, whether it is yes or no—," he paused, swallowing nervously, as Hannah raised an eyebrow. "But would you want to go out for a drink with me tonight? I know the perfect spot."

Hannah looked thoughtful, but smiled, nodding at the actor. "I'd love to — if Gary hasn't killed me by then, of course." She chuckled, motioning towards the national team's assistant manager, who was glaring at them with narrow eyes. "Stop by before you leave the facility?"

               Jesse smiled, nodding eagerly, before heading back to the rest of the actors in the middle of the pitch. Hannah found herself with a stupid smile on her face, though she was well aware of one thing; whatever would happen between them from this point ( she imagined it would be nothing, considering the fool she had made of herself the first time the two of them had met ), she could never initiate a relationship with the actor. They were two very different people, at very different stages in their lives, and quite frankly — Hannah was not ready to risk what she had in Manchester for a fling with a Chicago–based actor.

               The rest of the practice, she moved around the field, catching photos of the various situations; Jordan pestering Patrick into doing exactly what he wanted, Wayne and Eamonn chatting as they did simple passes, while Colin and Taylor got to practice their penalty–shots at Joe Hart. However, moving around was a danger. Jordan may have placed his aim precisely, and executed his shots with perfection; the same could not be said about Patrick's shots in return.

               After a while, she found herself standing at Gary's side, noticing how the assistant manager had half his face tucked into the white sweatshirt he was wearing. "Bringing these actor–idiots here was a mistake."

"I don't know, it did secure me a night of free drinks, and that is not a mistake." Hannah grinned cheekily, noticing how Gary rolled his eyes. "Come on, Gaz — just today, and then I'll be off his ass — and, well, he'll be off yours."

               The assistant manager did not seem convinced, but grumbled something underneath his breath about ' having to accept it ' as he watched the whole team and cast gather around them. However, his gaze fell quickly to Jesse, who was grinning like the ' Chesire Cat '. "You there, Bambi. What's got you grinning like a fool?" Gary sneered, narrowing his eyes. Of course, the assistant manager knew; he knew that Jesse was grinning like an idiot because he had asked Hannah out for a drink, and she had said yes.

"I may or may not have a night out for drinks reserved with the team's journalist." Jesse smiled cheekily, getting a cheer from Patrick and Taylor.

"You asked Henderson out for a drink?" Wayne snorted, shaking his head. "Well, I knew you wanted to explore the city — but I thought you mean the city."

Hannah was about to answer, when she was cut off by Jordan's laughing. The midfielder lifted a hand to his mouth, trying to stifle his laugh as he ducked in behind Joe, who stood beside him. "Henderson—," Gary sighed, watching as the Liverpool–player's head re–emerged from behind the goalkeeper. "How did today's session with Rambo go?"

                No one, however, cared about Gary's question — at least when it came to the castmembers. Jesse face had fallen, and he looked uncertain as Marina leaned over, whispering something in his ear. Patrick, on the other hand, had no intentions of remaining quiet as this became the talk of the field. "Are you—," he was cut off when Jesse elbowed him in the stomach, causing the taller actor to groan, clutching his torso. "Are you two married, or are you siblings, or?"

               "Married." Wayne replied flatly, though an evil grin spread on his face as he turned to look at Hannah.

               "No, we're not." Hannah scowled, narrowing her eyes at Wayne. "Henderson is quite a common last–name, and yes — I do have a brother, but he's back in Manchester, absolutely pissed about not being here. Jordan and I are not married, nor are we related. We simply share the same last–name." Hannah sighed, running a hand through her hair, as she noticed the smile slowly getting back on Jesse's face.

                Gary rolled his eyes, releasing a heavy sigh, before he continued his speech, finishing off the training as he growled at all of the players and the cast to ' get lost '. Hannah chuckled, dodging him as he mumbled something about needing to clean up after everyone. Like they had said, Jesse had not left the field, patiently waiting for Hannah to join him as he walked towards the building. "So, I was thinking I could be a real gentleman and pick you up."

                "Oh God, that's your opening?" Hannah chuckled, shaking her head a little. "But okay, I'll take it — how about I text you which hotel we're staying at?"

               The grin spread even wider on Jesse's face, as he dug a note out of his pocket. Handing it to her, she could see it was his number, scribbled on a blank piece of paper. "That would be perfect, and then I could swing by and pick you up at seven for drinks." He smiled proudly. "I'll see you later, Henderson."