✰ 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

' DRESS CASUAL ' was the only thing Jesse Lee Soffer had texted Hannah, regarding the night they would spend out at his favorite watering hole for drinks. She couldn't say she had been amused at his message; quite on the opposite, actually. Hannah was never one to be underdressed when she went out ( it had gotten to the point where several of the people around her were wondering if she considered everything to be an audition for a modelling agency ). Ducking out into the hallway outside her room, she bumped into Jordan, who eyed her up and down, before rolling his eyes.

"What?" She sneered, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Nothing, nothing." Jordan chuckled, raising his hands in surrender as the two of them entered the elevator. He lowered his head as he continued tapping on his phone ( Hannah couldn't quite make out whether he was playing a game, or texting someone ), before he lifted his gaze again, clearing his throat. "Be careful tonight, okay? You've got the numbers to the whole squad; if anything happens, or anything feels uncomfortable — don't even hesitate to call us."

Hannah smiled softly as her eyes met Jordan's, noticing how the footballer's attention sunk back to his phone, clearly not wanting to cope with her response. In many ways, Jordan reminded her of Marie — a cold, dead British fish, who hated coping with feelings, but who cared deeply for their friends. She chuckled a little, tucking her blazer closer around her. "Thank you, Jordan."

She wasn't quite sure, but she assumed she could make out a small ' whatever ' from his mumble as the elevator reached the ground floor, the doors opening. Ahead, she could see Jesse standing, scrolling mindlessly through his phone as he waited for her. Wayne, Harry and Joe sat quietly in a couch nearby, whispering back and forth, while not–so–discreetly pointing in the direction of the actor, making Hannah embarrassed as she approached him.

Jesse, however, didn't seem to care about the footballers, simply putting on one of his charming smiles as he saw the journalist approach him. "Hey." He chuckled, motioning for her to walk with him to his car, which was parked outside. "You ready for a night away from the goofs?"

"Something tells me I'm about to spend the night with a man who's equally as much a goof as the guys in there, but yes." Hannah chuckled, making Jesse smile even wider. He opened the door to the passenger–side of the car, closing it behind her as she had gotten in. "So, how did you think practices were? I'm not sure Gary was convinced about you lot's footballing–skills."

                Jesse chuckled, shaking his head a little, keeping his eyes on the road. "To be honest, I'm not so sure about our skills either. Jesse Spencer could pass as a decent footballer, but then again, he had a little different upbringing than most of us." The actor grinned, glancing in Hannah's direction. "However, what I'm most impressed of is that Patrick survived all three days."

"Trust me when I say it was only barely." Hannah rolled her eyes, gaze falling to the outside of Jesse's car as she looked at the city of Chicago. She found herself admiring the city, the low music from the radio of Jesse's car dancing through the car as they continued to their destination in silence. Hannah had so much she wanted to talk to Jesse about, so many questions to ask, so many stories she would like to hear, but she knew she couldn't. Not the first time the two of them spent time alone, anyways.

"What's on your mind?" Jesse hummed as he pulled into an almost empty parking lot.

"Nothing special."

Jesse raised an eyebrow as he turned to look at Hannah, his facial expression letting her know he was anything but convinced. "Has anyone ever told you that you're an awful liar? Sorry to say, but you should be happy you never dreamed of becoming an actor." His voice was serious, though the wicked grin spreading on his lips had Hannah chuckling. There was something about spending time with Jesse that felt so natural; he paid her his full attention, and she did the same to him. He was unlike anyone ( well, there was no way Hannah was going to compare him to Luke ) she had ever spent time with before.

               What she didn't know, was that Jesse felt the same. Things felt easy–going with Hannah, something he enjoyed. Together, they stepped into the Chicago–air, Jesse letting out a soft sigh as he glanced upwards, taking in the tall building ahead for a brief second. "Before you ask — no, that skyscraper is not where we're going." He chuckled, watching as Hannah faked a pout. "What, you don't have those in Manchester?"

                "Not really, no." Hannah rolled her eyes, picking up her pace to keep up with his long strides as they walked side–by–side down the street. She was amazed at how there were no paparazzis there, no–one interested in seeing what Jesse Lee Soffer was doing with his life. "Did you bribe the paps, or what?"

               "Almost." He shrugged casually, opening the door to a small, but cozy bar to her, a smile tugging on the corners of his lips. "I told them that there would be someone very important guest–starring on ' Chicago Med ', and may have told them that they would need to stay there for the entire night; after all, I don't know when they bring out their ' secret ' guest–stars."

"Foul play, Jesse." Hannah chuckled, sinking into the booth, on the opposite side of the table from him as a bartender came their way, handing them a couple of menus, showing their various drinks. "What are you having?"

"I'm sure you're gonna call me a pretty boring guy, or compare me to some lame friend; but I'm not drinking. I'm driving." Jesse smirked, grabbing a hold of the non–alcoholic menu. "No, it was not a bad idea to ask someone out for drinks, and ending up having to drink non–alcoholic. It was a bad idea to not make sure that you had someone to drive you earlier."

"If you're not drinking, I'm not drinking."

Jesse raised an eyebrow, leaning his elbows against the table, the wood creaking as he leaned his weight against it. "Solidarity? I can like that."

Hannah smiled cheekily back in his face, reaching for the wine–menu. "One glass of wine first; God knows I'm going to make a fool of myself anyways, I might just ease the embarrassment a little."