Chapter 3

"FUCK NO

"FUCK NO. An alliance with the American mafia? My enemy? This will go against my....my....my uhm morals!" I say to Ella who is clearly not amused.

"What exactly are your morals?" She raises her eyebrows at me. I scoff and sit down rubbing my forehead. It's not a bad idea, it's just I can't exactly form an alliance when I want to kill one of the allies.

"I don't know, not teaming up with Zach Herron!" I shout. Ella laughs to herself. "What, you think this funny?"

"Yes I kind of do." Ella scoffs standing up.

"If you weren't my best friend you would be dead by now." I respond shaking my head. "Look I'll think about it okay, this is a huge thing for me."

"Shay is your ego really winning over you right now?" She speaks.

"I said I'll think about it!" I roll my eyes and walk back over to my desk picking up the stacks of paper. There has been a lot of paperwork left to do after all this bombing going on. Oh yeah that's right, Vladimir bombed two of my safe houses.

It's getting worse and I'm not sure how much more I can handle before asking for help. We already asked multiple gangs but of course, the offers were declined. Mafias of course would never help us, for they also want to destroy Zach and I. The best decision would be teaming up with another extremely powerful mafia, it's just a hard decision.

"The Americans are the only people we can ask for help. No one else will turn against the Russians." Ella argues. She sits on my bed, chipping off the nail polish on her fingernails. "Just give it a chance please." I look at her for a moment and think. She is right, if I don't do anything about it my mafia will be taken over.

Maybe I hate Zach, but I don't hate him that much to ruin everything my family has built.

"Curse you stupid mind." I mutter to myself. "Fine, I'll do it." Ella smiles and jumps up from the bed hugging me.

"Yes thank you! Now get some rest we leave for America tomorrow morning." She kisses my forehead and runs out the room. I roll my eyes and sit on my chair. This is gonna fucking suck. I have to team up with a man I have wanted to kill for years.