Chapter 10

As all of us sit the in the meeting room, waiting for Elizabeth who is running late from a mission

As all of us sit the in the meeting room, waiting for Elizabeth who is running late from a mission. It's been weeks since our last one, so now we are getting ready for our next move.

I'm staring at Ella and Jonah who seem so happy together. They've gotten a lot closer in the past weeks, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them go out together once. I don't like it.

"Vladimir's most trusted man will be attending the strip club, Tease Beat. He is new to the mafia and has no idea who any of us are." She sighs and takes a sip of water as we all silently wait for her to finish. I glance at Zach who's staring at his watch. "Shay I have set you up to be stripper that night, you will lure him in and take him back to "your place". She air quotes your place. "Which is an apartment I rented. You will be Aliyah Rutherford if he asks for your name, a famous stripper from Italy who came here for a special appearance." I lean back nodding. "This will all happen tomorrow so I've hired a stripper to teach you some moves to help lure him in." She says before turning to Zach. "Zach you will accompany Shay with this making sure everything is going as planned." Zach nods slowly. "Shay your outfit will be here tomorrow as well but you guys won't leave till after dark." She says sitting down. We all nod and look at each other.

"Zach are we attending the party tonight?" Jonah asks. Zach looks up at Jonah and nods. "You need a date and I'm bringing Ella. Why don't you take Shay? It will cause an interesting but powerful appearance." He adds.

"Smart idea. Shay you're my date."

I laugh and shake my head. "Woah woah woah. Why would I do that?"

"Come on you love being powerful, it's just for one night." Ella speaks.

Ella's right, I do love being powerful and what could be so bad? One night being my enemy's date, why not?

I sigh before saying, "fine."

-Two hours-

After I finished doing my hair and makeup, I slipped on the beautiful black dress. It was a short black lace dress that ended at my thighs with a longer see-through fabric that fell to my ankles on top of it. I put on some black heels and looked at myself in the mirror.

"You look hot." Ella says walking into the room. I look at her and then back at myself, waiting for her to get the message that I don't want her company.

She waits a while before speaking. "I'm sorry Shay, and even though I'm saying sorry doesn't mean I'm still not taking Jonah's side." She says moving closer to me. She was wearing a red dress much like mine. Her hair was in a bun and she had a smokey eye with red lipstick. I had my hair curled and falling down to my back, a smokey eye as well and some dark red lipstick.

I look at her before picking up the empty glass of water sitting on the table.

Dropping the glass, it shatters. "See that?" I ask and her eyes widen looking down. "Sorry." I say to the broken glass. "Oh look how it doesn't fucking fix anything." I scowl. "Apologies don't mean shit if you still don't change your ways." And with that, I walk out the door ignoring Ella calling my name.