Chapter 11

Zach and I duck behind a table, while we reach for our weapons

Zach and I duck behind a table, while we reach for our weapons. I pull out two knives that were taped to my thighs and Zach grabs his gun that was in his pants.

Looking around, I notice that most people have run out except for a few gang members who stayed with their guns out, looking around for whoever took the shot.

"Do you think it was someone invited?" I whispered. He shakes his head and looks around. Another gun shot is heard and a man falls.

"Shit I can't see who's doing it." Zach says.

"Up there on the chandelier." I  point to a man who stands on the chandelier, a gun in his hand.

"How do we get up there without being shot at?" Zach looks around.

"Distract him while I make my way up there." I whisper, scooting away and moving towards the staircase.

"Who are you?"  Zach screams up at the person.

"I'm afraid I can't say." The man responds.

"Who sent you then?" He asks.

"Again, I'm afraid I can't say." He says while shooting but missing Zach. Just as Zach's about to ask another question, I jump on the chandelier making it swing heavily.

I grab the man and take his gun immediately away from him, throwing it on the ground. He throws a punch that I block, leaving me a chance to twist his arm around and kick him. The guy groans and leans over. I then take my knife and put it on his neck.

"Vladimir needs to stop sending such horrible assassins." I say pushing the knife deeper into his throat as he struggles to speak. "You know every single time I kill one of you, I imagine it is him. Except when I really do kill him, it will be even more gruesome." My nails claw into his wrist and he screams in pain. "I don't have time for this though so lucky for you, I'll make this quick. Im about to slit his throat, when he catches me off guard and pushes me on the edge of the chandelier. Quickly, I grab on to him, my eyes widening, he only grins.

Using my strength, I pull him towards me and let go of him. He starts falling to the ground and I shoot him while he's in the air. After his lifeless body drops to the ground, I look at my dress. "He got blood on my fucking dress." I say wiping it off.

When I look down, I see every gang member down there looking at me in amazement. "What?" I ask. I turn to look at Zach who has a smirk on his face. "Catch me." I say jumping down. Zach holds out his arms and catches me. Falling into his arms, I look at him, our faces inches apart.

"Struggled a bit there didn't you?" He teased me.

"Shut the fuck up, I let my emotions get the best of me. See what happens when I do that." I say. He laughs and sets me down.

"We better get to Vladimir soon or else we're gonna have assassins chasing after us every day." Zach sighs.

"Don't we already?" I laugh.