Chapter 23

We've been in my sister's underground city for months now

We've been in my sister's underground city for months now. Zach and I are trying to prepare for war with Daeva's gang. We underestimated how powerful she can be when Vladimir is on her side. He's worked with her, making her stronger.

"Tomorrow is the day." My sister Sabrina says walking up to me with a cup of tea.

"I'm gonna miss you Sab." I take the cup of tea and sip it.

"Well you will still visit right?" She smiles at me and I nod.

"Shay we should go back to our mafia tomorrow and get help." Zach walks into the kitchen and sits on a stool.

"Why?"

"Because we need help. Daeva isn't going into this battle alone. Plus, we've been missing for months, they need to know we're okay."

"Fine. We'll get Elizabeth to make a plan for us. If she is okay." I bite back my lip thinking about last time I saw Elizabeth. She was hardly recognizable and she couldn't even walk.

"Mrs. Cuncord there is movement spotted outside of the cave." A guard says to Sabrina. My heart drops, Zach and I look at each other picking up our guns.

"Let's check it out then. Sabrina you should put everyone in lockdown in case it's Daeva's gang." I say to Sabrina. She nods and follows the man out of the kitchen, while Zach and I get in a car towards the entrance to the cave.

"To the Entrance." Zach says to the driver who nods and drives. I bite my nails and look out the window at the city. These poor people have to live underground away from the world for the rest of their lives because of our selfish mafias.

When the car comes to a stop, Zach and I creep out and slowly move our way out. We stop when we hear footsteps and I nod towards Zach who steps forward and examines who's here. He stops and just stands there.

"Zach?" I whisper to him. He turns to look at me and then points. I run over to him and see Ella and Jonah searching the cave.

"I missed them." He said. I nod and we stand up walking over to them.

"Of course you found us." I roll my eyes playfully and Ella's head shoots up before she attacks me with a hug.

"Shay oh my god." She screams. I laugh and wrap my arms around her. "I thought you were gone forever, I thought you were dead, I thought- I thought- I don't know." She cries into my shoulder and I feel myself tearing up.

"It's okay we're safe." I say into her head. I feel her smile into my shoulder, look up to see Zach and Jonah talking.

"What is this place?" Ella pulls away and looks forward at the city.

"There's so much to explain, but I will after we defeat Daeva's gang. She teamed up with Vladimir and they're stronger than ever, we had to hide from them." She nods as I explain everything to her and turns to Jonah.

"Let's go back home then okay?" She grabs Jonah's hand and we follow her back outside.

******

"Because you guys hid for months they would never expect you to be there because you had no recent sightings, they're hiding out too now though." Elizabeth explains pointing to her computer screen. "I've tried for weeks to see any sightings on them but we have none. We have Zach's men and yours as well everywhere around the planet looking for them but there's been none."

"That means they are hiding from us as well." Zach leans back in his chair.

"That also means they are scared of us which already gives us advantage." I say.

"Shay, you and Zach hid as well. You guys are scared." Elizabeth looks up at me and I narrow my eyes at her.

"We were preparing for them."

"And what do you think they are doing?"

"I don't know."

"They're preparing."

"For what?"

"For war."

-Sabrina's pov-

"You're meaning to tell me, you had them here for months and you still don't have anything?" Daeva slams her fists on the table and I jump a little.

"Daeva we had to wait for Zach to heal. I have to gain her trust back and get close with her. After you kidnapped me 5 years ago, She was in pain. Clearly she wasn't going to just spill everything out to me these past months. We needed time for her to open up." I say calmly while fixing my jacket.

"We don't have much time. She already said herself she's preparing for war. And what do we know about what her plans? NOTHING!" She shouts at me.

"I will ask her about it when she visits next week trust me please."

"Fine. But if I don't know their plans for this war in the next 2 weeks, you will be dead and you can forget the seven billion dollar deal."

"Yes ma'am."

Daeva leaves the room and I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I can't believe you're doing this to your twin for money." Jonas says from next to me.

"It's not all about the money. She took the spotlight away from me. I was never as good as her, but now I will be more powerful after Daeva destroys her." I say through my gritted teeth.