Chapter 21

It all happened so quick

It all happened so quick. Zach looked at me and Run. I was trying to process why he would randomly say that, but then I heard a gun shot. Zach's body dropped the floor and I found myself frozen in place. As footsteps approached the car, I had quickly got out and crawled on the other side.

Slowly kneeling on the other side, I had peered over the car to see who was responsible for this. It was one of Daeva's gang members, which means more were coming.

The man slowly creeped around and the car and I grabbed my knife waiting for them to get to me. Just as they turned the corner, I stabbed the person in the leg.

The man screamed in agony before dropping to the floor. Without hesitation, I had grabbed their gun and shot them right in between their eyes. I ran to Zach and examined where the wound was. It was in the chest but I couldn't process where in the chest, because he was bleeding out everywhere.

As I was about to take off his shirt, I heard shouting and loud footsteps running this way.

"Shit." I muttered to myself before dragging Zach's unconscious body with me, trying to find somewhere to hide.

I ran in the car and tried starting it, but the car wouldn't start. Forgetting that, I had heard footsteps running towards the car so I grabbed Zach and slowly climbed down the cliff. There was a flat rock that we laid on before I found a dark cave covered by some leaves. I had dragged Zach's body and hid us.

"They aren't here boss." A voice says from the edge of the cliff.

"Well where the fuck could they have gone." Daeva screams aggravated. I felt a wave of satisfaction come across me, knowing I caused her this stress.

"I-I- d-don't know b-boss." The man stutters.

It falls silent and soon I find myself laying down. While thinking, I hear footsteps from inside the cave. Quickly grabbing a piece of wood and look around for anyone in the pitch black darkness, a torch had been thrown in front of me.

"What the fuck." I mutter to myself before reaching for the gun in my pants. "Show yourself." A woman who looked exactly like me stepped forward. She had a gun pointed at me as well.

"Shay?" The woman said examining me

"Sabrina." I stood there shocked to see my twin sister standing before me. "That's not possible."

"How did you get here?" She asked stepping forward and lowering her gun. I lowered mine as well.

"I was hiding from someone but how are you even alive?"

"I can't say." Eyeing me suspiciously, she looked behind me and her eyes widened. "Is that Zach Herron?"

"Yes. Please I'll explain later, let's just focus." I respond, rolling my eyes.

"No fucking way."

"Sabrina forget this, how the fuck are you alive." I stepped forward and looked her over closely. A scar covered her forehead, one she had gotten when she was little.

"Shay I already told you I can't tell you."

"Well too fucking bad because I want to know. You disappeared and for 5 years of my life I blamed myself for your disappearance. I thought you were dead. I have the right to know why, what, where, and how." I say through my gritted teeth.

"Fine." She sighs and looks at Zach. "Follow me and I'll get him help while I explain everything."

I nod and pick up Zach following her. We eventually enter a huge underground city. Houses lit up everywhere, shops with people selling and buying things, and finally a huge mansion sat on a huge hill looking over the city. We sat in the car and she nodded towards the driver who drove towards the mansion.

"What the fuck is this?" I ask looking at everything.

"This is my city." She doesn't look at me.

"What do you mean your city."

"I'll explain when we're at my house." I sit back and look around. Familiar people roamed the streets with little kids in strollers.

When the car parks, a doctor meets us at the front and he takes Zach on a stretcher. He looks at me with a panicked look on his face. Turning to Sabrina, she only nods and he takes Zach back with him.

"Why does everyone look familiar?"

"Because everyone here used to be in the mafia."

"I'm sorry what?"

"Shay, this city is for people who want out of the mafia. There is no escape of the mafia except for death, so we fake deaths and disappearances to help them here." She sighs and sits on bench that looks over the entire city." Tearing up a little, she continues, "One night I decided to leave this mafia. I hate violence and guns and killing people. I didn't want to be apart of it. But I couldn't do anything about it." She stops and hesitates before saying, "Shay I was going to commit that night. I went to the edge of this cliff and was going to jump. But a man, he stopped me and asked me why. I told him everything and he understood me. He told me about this city he started underground for people who wanted out of the mafia. So, I went with him. We grew a close connection. His name was Jeremy. He accidentally ended up in the mafia, and wanted to leave but he couldn't so he faked his death."

"Eventually a mafia member had found us and he died trying to protect me." A tear drops from her eye and I nod. "I killed a man. I felt so guilty. A part of me felt relieved that I did so, but I was so disgusted with myself. He left a note saying that I was to be in charge of the city and now here I am 2 years later running a city for my people. I missed you Shay. But I knew I would put so many people in danger if I came back." She sobs into her hands and I hug her, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Sabrina I'm so sorry."

"No it's not your fault."

"It is. I'm sorry about the mafia mess. I understand why you did what you did. I won't tell your secret and I won't expose this. But I will be paying visits here." I laugh.

"Gosh I missed you so much." She whispers with a sad smile.

"I missed you too."