Chapter 15

"So I'm a Gemini your a--"

"I'm a Libra, born October 19."

"So our signs are compatable?" Beck asked. His fingers slowly entertwined with mine.

"Hmm, I'm not sure."

After eating our mexican food in the parking lot I wasn't quite ready to go to Terra's house yet so Beck surprised me by taking me to the park for some star gazing.

"So how does Mr. Beck the bad boy know about zodiac signs?"

Beck scoffed. "What too girlie for you?"

I smiled. "No. But most guys like you have no clue what a horoscope is."

"My mom used to be obsessed with them. At one point if I knew a persons birthday I could tell them their zodac sign off the top of my head."

I shifted in the grass to get a better view of Beck, he laid in the grass beside me.

"You and your mom were close?" I asked.

Beck turned on his side to look at me, in the dark I couldn't see his bright grey eyes.

Beck sighed. "We used to be."

"What happened?" I asked.

Beck returned to looking at the sky. The night sky was filled with a bright full moon, the crickets chirped in the nearby grass. A pregnant pause passed between us. Maybe I had overstepped a boundry by asking about his mom.

"I joined the gang, I joined the gang and she hates me for it. But not because of all the illegal things I was doing no, she hates me because of all the money I cost her."

I didn't know what to say after being so open with me. "I can't imagine your own mom hates you."

"She does Siena."

I nodded even though I know he couldn't see it.

"Tell me about having a twin."

Just the thought of Nadia was making my blood boil. "It's annoying everyone expects to be the same because we look the same but were total opposites."

"Whoa I hear some anger coming through there. You guys don't get along?"

I exhaled, blowing a strand of hair out of my face. "Sibling rivalry thats all."

"Oh I totally get that."

"You do?" I asked surprised.

Beck turned towards me so we were both looking at each other. "My little brother may only be five but my mom acts like he's an angel while I get shunned to the side. I love him to death but I'm jealous of him too."

I couldn't hold it in any longer the tension from the whole week had really been getting to me. "Nadia doesn't approve of us."

"Does that make you upset?" Beck questioned.

I sat up, bringing my knees towards my chest. "Everyone is telling me I should not be with you. It makes me mad its none of their business who I'm with!"

"Babe calm down," Beck sat up and put his arm around me.

I shrugged him off and stood up. "I can't calm down Beck. It's not fair that my first relationship be critized and critiqued by everyone."

"Not everyone is critiquing us Siena."

I threw my arms in the air. "It feels like it." I huffed.

"Then lets prove to them we can be a great couple. We can prove them wrong." Beck stood up and pulled me into a hug. His warm scent surrounded me making my body relax.