Chapter 11

"Why did Beck do that?" Terra asked. "Why did he jump in and hit Damon?"

I shrugged I didn't think this was the appropriate time to tell Terra about Beck and I. We were waiting outside the school watching hoards of people stream out of the school's front doors. The rest of the day had gone by in a blur, I was late to my sixth hour class after making sure Terra was okay she had broken down into uncontrollable sobs after Damon got dragged away. I was half expecting Beck to be in class when I showed up but he wasn't there I hadn't seen him all day and was starting to get worried about it he couldn't afford to be suspended again this year.

Terra sighed and looked down at her phone with longing. She hadn't changed the picture, of her and Damon on her phone yet. I couldn't understand why she kept punishing herself by looking at it.

"Do you need a ride home?" I asked Terra.

She shook her head causing the curls in her hair to bounce. "Tyrone said he would give me a ride."

"Your cousin found out about the fight?"

"Yeah. He said he wanted to kill Damon for hurting me. I had to tell him to leave Damon alone though. Did you know today he skipped school with his crew to go hunt some white boy down that was messing with one of their girls?"

I almost did a double take, did I hear right? Tyrone was in that gang that almost shot Beck today. I did my best to not act shocked but I couldn't help but wonder who else knew about Beck and I.

"Hey theres Tyrone, I'll see you later Si." Terra gave me a quick hug before running towards her cousin.

I sighed while looking down at my phone I wondered where Nadia was I was ready to go home.

"Come on Siena!"

Nadia yelled out of the car window at me, when did she come out of the school? I ran over to the car and jumped into the passenger side, Nadia gunned the engine zooming out of the parking lot way too fast I was just glad no one was in the way. I glared at my phone pressing the button that made the screen light up, Beck still had not texted me. What if he got expelled? I pushed that thought out of my mind I'm sure he was fine.

"So what's up with you and that rich white boy, Beck?" Nadia asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying not to sound too surprised. If Nadia knew about Beck and I then it would only be a matter of time before my parents found out and I was determined not to let that happen.

"Is something going on between you two?"

"Why would you think that?" I dodged.

"Just answer the question Siena. Do you like him or something?"

Nadia was getting frustrated but I couldn't understand why now of all times she felt like we should have a sisterly talk about boys.

"No we are just working together on a history project we both want to get a good grade."

Nadia snorted. "You both want a good grade, or you want a good grade?"

Nadia was starting to annoy me with all these questions. "What does that mean?"

"I'm just saying Siena I doubt Beck cares about the grade he gets."

"So your saying he's taking advantage of me to get a good grade?" I growled.

Nadia rolled her eyes at me. "No I'm saying that he likes you. Your so oblivious Siena."

I held back my laugher at the irony of the situation. "Whatever Nadia."