10

Releasing Bill's hand from the grip, Wynter whispered to her mother, craving to go home. Annalise agreed with a sympathetic smile to Bill and said goodbye before they left the church. Saying their farewells to the people they knew, Wynter and Annalise arrived home to settle themselves down after a long day. Wynter kicked off her shoes, giving out an exhausted sigh, and plopped on the bed to stare at the ceiling. After a while, she slipped into a deep slumber. Without a thought in the world, she eventually seemed at ease after reencountering Bill. She may forgive Bill for his recent behavior, but not requiring it to happen again.

Meanwhile, her phone vibrated abruptly as it disturbed her slumber. Slowly, she opened her eyes, the phone's screen lightening the room, and the vibration on her nightstand created rumbling sounds. It was considerably loud and disrupting. Wynter received her phone from the nightstand, realizing there were various amounts of missed calls from Sookie Stackhouse. Groaning, she rolled her eyes and considered that perhaps Sookie yearned to talk about Bill or something because he was at the church earlier. She redialed her number and placed the receiver to her ear until she picked up the sound of sniffling. "Sookie?" Wynter rose from the bed, affected by the troubling tone.

"Wynter. Can you please come over? Something terrible happened to Gran." Her soft voice said it all that she was distraught and stressed. Instantly, she put on her running shoes from the closet while she was still on the phone with Sookie and quickly resembled back to her car in a hurry. "I will be there within a few minutes." She pressed the end button to hang up and hurriedly drove to Sookie's house. Once she arrived, police cars and an ambulance were parked in front of the house as Sookie sat outside with Sam on the front porch steps, a blanket wrapped around her body and her emotionless face. Turning off the engine, Wynter's brows furrowed with the disturbance in confusion in front of the house. She promptly exited her car, prowling to the front stoop of Sam and Sookie. Her body shivered as Sookie glanced at Wynter approaching, her eyes filled with tears and her bottom lip quivering. "What happened?" Wynter sat down beside Sookie, stroking her back benevolently, but her body proceeded to shake from anxiety.

Sam sighed, his elbows leaned on his knees, and he looked to Wynter with a depressed expression. "Adele passed. Sookie found her in the kitchen, brutally murdered. Seems to be stabbed multiple times with a knife." Wynter's eyes widened from such shocking news. She grabbed Sookie tightly in an embrace, even though she remembered Sookie can be ignorant at times, but she needed people who were close to her right now. Her face buried onto her shoulder, rocking her slightly as she attempted to soothe her down.

Wynter decided to investigate the crime scene herself; however, it was critical to witness something so brutal. Her eyes widened, and she felt weak on the knees from the gory sight of Adele laying on the floor with blood pooled around her body and the wounds dramatically horrifying. Her corpse laid on the floor, her limbs somehow dislocated in every direction possible, and her eyes open that it was immediate death. Sheriff Dearborne and Detective Andy Bellefleur noticed Wynter step foot at the crime scene without permission. Blood splattered on the kitchen walls triggered Wynter as she pressed her back against the wall, heart beating quickly from the explicit disturbance. She began to hyperventilate, slowly addressing herself to the sheriff and detective merely.

"Stab wounds. No vampire would use a weapon to murder someone." Dearborne stated. He glanced at Wynter, approaching with her eyes glued at the body, petrified. "Wynter. What are you doing at Sookies'?"

Finally, with the distraction of a voice, she turned her attention away from the body to attend towards the sheriff. Shutting her eyes to overcome her anxiety, she took several deep breaths and slowly opened her eyes. "Sookie called me. She sounded devastated and asked me to come." With the coroners investigating the body and jotting notes on their notepad for criminal investigations, Mike Spencer, one of the coroners and funeral director in Bon Temps, had been investigated continuously voluminous amounts of deaths that recently occurred. The frequent anonymous crimes dressed everyone suspicious about who may have been committing them. A long conversation happened between Dearborne, Andy, and Wynter about the recently studied crimes through the corpses' anatomy. Spencer claimed that Dawn and Maudette's bodies exposed strangle rings on their necks, which vampires do not practice strangulation to annihilate someone, particularly by biting into their flesh to consume the blood.